Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
hi all,just got back from spain and had great service with our four dogs in saint omer near calias,the vet spoke perfect english and we thought very reasonable charge,cant tell you how much money as they weigh each dog and thats the price,highly recomend.
they are
clinique veterinaire du haut pont
drs nathalie gerion and jean-francois dandrifosse
5,rue de belfort
62500 saint omer
03 21 88 87 54 and 03 21 88 04 64
hope this helps
muz:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
hi all,just got back from spain and had great service with our four dogs in saint omer near calias,the vet spoke perfect english and we thought very reasonable charge,cant tell you how much money as they weigh each dog and thats the price,highly recomend.
they are
clinique veterinaire du haut pont
drs nathalie gerion and jean-francois dandrifosse
5,rue de belfort
62500 saint omer
03 21 88 87 54 and 03 21 88 04 64
hope this helps
muz:thumb:

' very reasonable charge, cant tell you how much '

sounds like you need examining by the vet !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Puppy

Slightly off thread but will note the vets details We have a 3 month Shih Tzu and we are planning to go to Spain in January for a few months. Can anyone recommend a good pet insurance :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
suggest you get a snad fy collor from vets

Slightly off thread but will note the vets details We have a 3 month Shih Tzu and we are planning to go to Spain in January for a few months. Can anyone recommend a good pet insurance :thumb:

If you are taking a dog to Spain suggest you get a sand fly collar.. there is no cure to sand fly and it can kill.. the collar prevents the bite.. cost about £15 and last for about 28 days.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I presume you have meet the DEFRA requirements?

I take it you are up todate on DEFRA and the recent changes to the rabbies rules?

The new rules come in to effect on 1st January 2012 and now you have to have the rabbies jab 21 days before departure ... the return rules on worming is now 1-5 days where as it was 24 / 48 hours.. and the other item is now optional (tick) .... but worth reading the DEFRA site.. Jim had a link on this site last week with the up date.

Bob

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
vets in france

Interesting about the sandfly collar, don't they inoculate against it now,
we sadly lost a 4yr boxer bitch to this disease back in the 80,s depite quarantine, she developed it 9 months after returning, killed her, her new born pups and a cat that insisted on suckling off her, its horrid also comunicatable to vunerable humans, i:e children and the elderly.
regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
we sadly lost a 4yr boxer bitch to this disease back in the 80,s depite quarantine, she developed it 9 months after returning, killed her, her new born pups and a cat that insisted on suckling off her, its horrid also comunicatable to vunerable humans, i:e children and the elderly.
regards

We use Advantix, which we buy from our French vet, he told us that this protects against sandfly and mosquito.Ginny

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We use the collar

regards

I was not aware of it until my vet asked where we were taking Ezzie.. he then told me all about it.. so we always buy one and put it on her as soon as we reach France... it is mainly Southern France and Spain where the risk is, but as there is no cure we put a collar on her as soon as we depart the UK.. safer than to be sorry.

So it is worth talking to your vet about this issue and a couple other ones that can kill your pet.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back