Brownhills to close it's Preston Branch (1 Viewer)

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Brownhills close Preston branch due to decline in motorhome sales.
http://email.outandaboutlive.co.uk/In/17686211/0/kRe-KAMIuTTR61Q2MrZuFvI67VMq-lywc-gqpRqXqVn/ http://email.outandaboutlive.co.uk/In/17686212/0/kRe-KAMIuTTR61Q2MrZuFvI67VMq-lywc-gqpRqXqVn/
Brownhills has announced that it will close its Preston branch with immediate effect.

In a statement, the dealer said: "This decision has not been made lightly due to the impact on staff and customers, however the branch’s significant historical dependence on Hymer sales has meant that it has suffered not only due to the general decline in motorhome sales over the past few years, but additionally due to the heavy depreciation of Sterling versus the Euro and resulting price increases."

"Brownhills will continue to act as a dealer for Hymer motorhomes from its Newark and Durham branches and welcomes Hymer’s recent statement that it will be looking to grow its dealer network in the UK."

This dealership closure is the second this year for Brownhills, following the closure of its Swindon branch in July 2011.

Preston customers who have left deposits for the purchase of motorhomes or who have vehicles booked in for service and repair work are being contacted directly to offer them the opportunity of dealing with the Newark and Durham branches.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
???? Havent they already done that 2 weeks ago ????
I seem to remember reading something about it already.. Or is it like Dallas and i've been asleep ?????????????????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

22 November... I remember now "on the dark side"..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
???? Havent they already done that 2 weeks ago ????
I seem to remember reading something about it already.. Or is it like Dallas and i've been asleep ?????????????????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was closure of Hymer UK that was reported, is this the same ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I see Marquis are now chasing for repair and service work on Hymer motorhomes...I wonder if this is the foreplay to them becoming Hymer dealers now Brownhills are reducing their coverage.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes it was widely reported a few weeks ago. I just checked and the closures are not mentioned on the news section of Brownhills website, though there was news about three of the receptionists beginning their maternity leave:Smile: Link Removed

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Yes it was widely reported a few weeks ago. I just checked and the closures are not mentioned on the news section of Brownhills website, though there was news about three of the receptionists beginning their maternity leave:Smile: Link Removed

seems they have more luck with babies than motorhomes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Wish someone had told me before yesterday when i made a detour to have a look at new mh. On the bright side saved me loads of money :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Wish someone had told me before yesterday when i made a detour to have a look at new mh. On the bright side saved me loads of money :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You should have detoured via the Newark branch Gerry - all the Preston stock is now there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back