Anyone Got A Tracvision Satellite (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Hi
Am looking around at various satellite/aerial systems and have seen this one which looks good, no dish to erect or raise up and down on roof, but is it as good as it looks? haas anyone else got one and what do you think about it? want to make the right choice as its abig chunk of money.

craig.drake

Free Member
Oct 3, 2010
queensbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since may 2010
i had a glomex dome fitted last year brilliant no problems wind never matters and it was under a grand fitted
sky sports on the move cant beat it

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
had a good look at them when I was gonna replace my Oyster.. decided agin it

The low profile ones do not give enough gain for use when we travel down south, and the windage on the taller ones is not something I am willing to suffer

But if you are going with a dome they are quite good :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi
Am looking around at various satellite/aerial systems and have seen this one which looks good, no dish to erect or raise up and down on roof, but is it as good as it looks? haas anyone else got one and what do you think about it? want to make the right choice as its abig chunk of money.

If your going to get a system, talk to EddieVanbitz, he has a good discount offer going and fits as well.

Peter

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I have a low profile KVH trakvision...............Fitted by Eddie...( who has a caravan site right next to his workshop)....I think domes are the way to go.
Some positive reasons to fit this product compared to the other domes ( Ill let eddie do the sales pitch)
and the low profile one should be ok in france but not in Spain.
Though it will automatically pic up other satellites in spain just not our domestic ones.
Good installation.............locks on fast..easy to use.
No problems what so ever.

barry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. concur
But who on earth wants to go to France :winky: Croatia, Greece, Southern Spain.. THATS south !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You go to Eastbourne !!!

Blimey....

Now that really is going south :Eeek: ::bigsmile:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I think domes are great so long as you accept that they will not get you UK channels at the edges of maximum potential coverage (e.g. Spain, eastern Germany etc.) Also, they are limited in the wilds of Scandinavia as they cannot depress sufficiently to get the dish vertical.

We've had a Camos 40 (now branded Roadpro) for two years and are very happy with it. KVH Tracvision also very good and well made so I understand. We excluded Tracvision at the time because they were limited to two preset satellite positions, but that has since been extended to three I believe.

Great benefit of a dome is the ability to use it in high winds when a dish must be lowered. We were happily watching TV in Ripon ten days ago (episodes 3 & 4 of "The Killing 2") when it was very wild (the weather that is). Next morning, the neighbouring caravan told me he was up in the night worrying each time the caravan's wheels left the ground!

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Hi

Hi Had a Trackvision fitted earlier this year at Van Bitz and have no complaints, locks on quickly, have not tried it in Spain yet but you can get other sats down there just not your usual UK ones :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back