Motorhome destroyed by fire .. (1 Viewer)

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
a lucky escape but it goes to show just how quickly things can go wrong.
i suspect that it was the 12volt side of things he was working on and as usual the wires protected the fuses.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
ALLAYS DISCONNECT THE BATTERY WHEN DOING ANY ELECTRICAL WORK ON YOUR MOTOR HOME CAR OR VAN

IT IS THE FIRST STEP IN SAFETY

SHAME HE DID NOT READ UP ON IT BEFORE HE STARTED
IT IS A SILLY STUPID THING TO DO
I HOPE HIS INSURANCE HO;DS HIM NEGLIGENT FOR THIS AS HE DOES NOT DESERVE A PAY OUT
NO WONDER WE ALL PAY SO MUCH FOR OUR PREMIUMS
:Doh:

PLUS LOOKING AT THE AGE OF THE VAN I WOUNDER IF ITS NOT A INSURANCE CLAIM FOR A NAKERED OLD MOTOR

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
ALLAYS DISCONNECT THE BATTERY WHEN DOING ANY ELECTRICAL WORK ON YOUR MOTOR HOME CAR OR VAN

I HOPE HIS INSURANCE HO;DS HIM NEGLIGENT FOR THIS AS HE DOES NOT DESERVE A PAY OUT

PLUS LOOKING AT THE AGE OF THE VAN I WOUNDER IF ITS NOT A INSURANCE CLAIM FOR A NAKERED OLD MOTOR
its younger than mine,and mine is far from a nakered old motor:Sad:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Great for my confidence ............ I'm just about to fit my new "Battery Master" from VanBitz on their special 15% Funster discount.:Eeek:

Unfortunately I am still waiting on Vanbitz for a quote I asked them for on Thursday for about £2k of work. 15% or not I hope I hear by Monday or I won't be playing.

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie

That is a disgusting thing to even think! As for the age of the van, no matter how old it is it will have been loved and cherished.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

[STRIKE]Bit[/STRIKE] no.... very harsh that, I'm sure if as you suggest this was a set up he would have parked the vehicle away from his house before commiting arson!!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Unfortunately I am still waiting on Vanbitz for a quote I asked them for on Thursday for about £2k of work. 15% or not I hope I hear by Monday or I won't be playing.

Hi Treacle

I have asked in the office and no one is aware that they have any quotes outstanding? Who did you speak to? In any event if you email me eddie@vanbitz.com we can give you a quote by return.

Regards

Eddie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Guys..
Where does it say the fire was CAUSED by what he was doing ??

Of course it may well be that is the case, but equally the poor bugger may have been using a gas soldering iron, a candle or small tilley lamp, he may have had the stove on to keep warm, or indeed a heater plugged in for warmth

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

So what happens if he was working on his 12v system and needed it live to see what is / not working ?I for one don't think he / she ment for it to catch fire,or if they did the garage will be full of fridge,cooker sink etc ::bigsmile:
btw same age as mine and if mine caught fire it would have been on the road not at the side of my house ::bigsmile:
terry

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi Treacle

I have asked in the office and no one is aware that they have any quotes outstanding? Who did you speak to? In any event if you email me eddie@vanbitz.com we can give you a quote by return.

Regards

Eddie

I have sent you a PM. Thanks Eddie:thumb:

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
Motorhome Fire

Now here's a good reason, to have your wiring sorted by an expert, what a shocking picture! I have been an Auto Electrician for over 30 years, yet this pic has just sent a shudder down my spine!!! Please Please, if your not sure were there to help!

Regards Steveutwg:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back