lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well headed off to Chester on Friday morning lovely day and a nice leisurely drive. Arrived at Fairoaks CC site lovely site, while driving round saw a funster sticker on Mh window so thought better stay away from them, only joking parked next to them to be greeted by Dave from maxsdad. Well the girls wanted to do some shopping and as i was so excited i thought id join them so after 3 hours walking round Chester Oaks, back to the MH only to discover we had for got the igniter for the cooker. Eventually got hold of one and just after Tea we got a knock on the door from Motorhome Fun Police ( Hagnap) inviting us over for a few drinks, as i hadn't been on the tinternet i didnt know he was coming over for the night so a nice surprise so joined them for a few hours so thank you Paul and Nikki for your hospitality. Unfortunately I was out walking Toby when they left next morning so didn't get the chance to say good by (or did the sneak out the back way):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Well Satuarday was a day of yes you guessed it shopping must admit though like Chester its a lovely town and they had it looking well on the way out though we broke the bottom hinge on the hab door some how so need to fix that later.

Sat night and thought id join Dave and Carol for a pint or 2 and again a big thankyou for putting up with me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Went home to watch MOTD and for some reason kept losing picture so turned it off and read kindle only to realise next morning i had put switch to Veh and ran my Veh battery flat thankfully Dave came to my rescue and gave me a jump(well not me personally but the MH) so thanks again.

On way home we thought we would pop in to Brownhill at Preston as Lorraine had been impressed with both Paul and Dave's vans only to find it has shut down. Big sigh of relief from me there.

So all in all an eventful weekend that shows you what being a member of fun means, 2 total strangers (one who drove there to meet us) invite you to their van and make you feel welcome and also help you sort any problems. Cheers Guys.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
It was a pleasure to meet you guys too Geri. We sneaked out the back way incase we woke you :ROFLMAO::roflmto:
As you know I had to get back to work, but we had a great time. we said on the way back that doing a spur of the moment night like that was really enjoyable, especially as George came as well (food orientated) :roflmto:
Really impressed with the site and a lovely location for WOMEN :winky:

Didn't quite get to meet Max's dad, but maybe next time.

So its off to the Dealers for a new van then,, you know it makes sense :Smile:

you can get a real dog then to join your toy one :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Ken no didnt get a chance to walk the walls but did visit every ladies clothes shp in chester about 3 times then bought the first dress Sophie saw :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Paul thankfully the dealers was shut :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so although it makes sense there's no chance now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: as for real dog will have to get Toby to sort out that big softy of yours at new year.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Pleased you had a lovely time, Gerry.. First FIRST first!!!!!!! Dress. What is that woman thinking of!!!!!! Need to lie down now after that shock.

I bet Carol and Ed might have liked to join you if they had known you were there....

Seeing as you enjoyed it, have you thought of you marshalling and organising the Cheshire food meet if Jim is agreeable. Carol is away so not having one as far as I know. Please correct me someone if there is one. Suppose I should have asked Jim before putting this but I don't know if my pm s are getting through to him.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Joy
Id love to run a meet but i think Chester is just a bit far for me to organise as i would be the last one there on the Friday as i live 4 hours away so not much good that. Might in the future try and arrange one near us in Scotland

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself Gerry:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
hi gerry glad you arrived home safe been watching the weather all afternoon just goes to show you can have a cracking weekend even on a shopping trip we must do it again some time .
on southport cc site now very cold and windy site less than half full.
sorry about the boddingtons it must be an aquired taste

dave & carol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back