Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
32k subscribers
15k views

Giving him a unit to "review" is very cheap cost effective, absolutely targeted advertising to your market.

If these manufacturers didn't see an uplift in sales, they wouldn't do it.
If that particular review generated even one purchase from a viewer I would be shocked . As I said before the review makes the product sound like it doesn’t work correctly. Have you watched it ?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
As I said before the review makes the product sound like it doesn’t work correctly. Have you watched it ?
He has no understanding of USB, but to be fair that applies to a lot of people. When you plug a standard device into a 'fast' USB, it charges at exactly the same rate as a standard USB, at the standard 5V.

If the device can handle fast charging, then it can request a fast charge rate/higher voltage. The square 'Type A' sockets can provide higher voltage of 9V or 12V if requested, and correspondingly higher powers. The USB-C sockets, with PD (Power Delivery) can do this too, and can go even higher, to 15V and 20V, and up to 5A. So something like a laptop can request up to 100W of charge.

This system uses the two extra 'data' lines in a USB plug to communicate between device and charger. But it's all backwards-compatible, so if an old steam-powered phone only wants 5V 1/2A then that's what it will get.

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
I made it to post #18 before I clicked the video link for a laugh - well, it wasn't funny.
This bloke and his sidekick are clearly not a good advert for any product other than children's breakfast cereals.
I'm sure some potential buyers would be immediately put off by their video review.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I'm sure some potential buyers would be immediately put off by their video review.
They have been . Myself and 2 others have been put off . I simply cannot give my hard earned money to a company who can honestly believe these cretins will help their business to grow in any way . As I stated before , this is a marketing fail .

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
They have been . Myself and 2 others have been put off . I simply cannot give my hard earned money to a company who can honestly believe these cretins will help their business to grow in any way . As I stated before , this is a marketing fail .
Comes to mind . . . . . .!!!

The thing that irks me most is that these people get paid hard cash to behave like excited spaniels and talk drivel about things they know the square route of f@#k all about.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
He has no understanding of USB, but to be fair that applies to a lot of people. When you plug a standard device into a 'fast' USB, it charges at exactly the same rate as a standard USB, at the standard 5V.

If the device can handle fast charging, then it can request a fast charge rate/higher voltage. The square 'Type A' sockets can provide higher voltage of 9V or 12V if requested, and correspondingly higher powers. The USB-C sockets, with PD (Power Delivery) can do this too, and can go even higher, to 15V and 20V, and up to 5A. So something like a laptop can request up to 100W of charge.

This system uses the two extra 'data' lines in a USB plug to communicate between device and charger. But it's all backwards-compatible, so if an old steam-powered phone only wants 5V 1/2A then that's what it will get.
You should get a YouTube channel!!

I hate it when you find an innocent YouTuber keen to do what they enjoy, but then video by video the start promoting products - this is how I set up my bike etc etc which is just shameless advertising.....

or they get drawn into the celebrity pit, a video with so and so usually on mental health..!

I also love how off the beaten track wilderness lovers are tapping into YouTube like it's cocaine!!!

If you like the outdoors just get out there and enjoy it!

Don't make it a poodle to YouTube self promotion!!

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Why on earth do these companies get clowns like this to review their products?
They literally have no idea about the product and lack even a child’s knowledge of electricity .

It’s about how many hits they get not how they present. So you could get one presenter highly knowledgable with 100 views and another with 100,000 the one with 100,000 will get a product to review the one with 100 won’t.

Just switch off the sound to adverts on your TV and you will start seeing how bananas the TV ads are. It’s good fun you see a new adverts I. A whole new light.

These things do not have to be good they just need to attract viewers.

Edited to say they have got a lot of people talking on this thread so from an advertising perspective job done ✅

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Out of all of them, I think Greg Virgo is knowledgeable and well worth watching. I liked his self build videos as he really went into a lot of detail. I never intend building a van but it was interesting watching his thought process.
I've actually seen his van in the flesh, it looks like a quality build in terms of its finish and materials used.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
First time I have watch it lay man's knowledge in other word like most camper users thay know flip all about electronic gizmos
Bill

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I generally don't watch any of those channels but I may do now, it's just kept me entertained for an hr or so including the comments:LOL:
I'm no marketing expert but it seems to me that they have targeted exactly the right audience. The viewing follower figures alone would appear to confirm that.
There has been an explosion in the motorhome owning fraternity since covid came along many of whome may be very knowledgeable about mining of bitcoins and all that sort of stuff that I know absolutely nothing about.
When it comes to motor homing they just want to get up and go, it's a means to an end for many, they don't want to know or care for that matter if Mum, Dad there 3 children, 5 pushbikes , awning etc etc will be overloaded in 3.5 tonne van because the salesman said it's a 6 berth.
Look around you, how many people do you know that can't change a domestic plug, that's not to say there a "Buffoon" look at some of the questions asked and answers given on forums.
I think there's a whole generation out there that aren't at all interested in how thing work they just want it to, so that when there weekend break is over they can get back to the real business of mining bit coins.;)

Mowlene is rather irritating though isn't she Dellboy :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back