LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Why on earth do these companies get clowns like this to review their products?
They literally have no idea about the product and lack even a child’s knowledge of electricity .

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
On the other hand, maybe the guys at Ecoflow figure if this fella can get the powerpack working, they must be doing something right. You want the answer to the question 'Is it foolproof?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Did he do the voice over for Rosie and Jim??

Cannot get past the intro!!

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Must be a clever bit of kit to detect the amount of current the bollard can supply before popping the breaker. Seems it draws less current on a campsite than at home .....clever.😝☺☺☺

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Must be a clever bit of kit to detect the amount of current the bollard can supply before popping the breaker. Seems it draws less current on a campsite than at home .....clever.😝☺☺☺

Yes it works better at home than on a campsite with an extension lead 😂😂

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
On the other hand, maybe the guys at Ecoflow figure if this fella can get the powerpack working, they must be doing something right. You want the answer to the question 'Is it foolproof?
I was going to get one of the smaller units . After watching the video I will give them a miss . Comes across as unprofessional and unknowable about the product and didn’t really help me with any of the questions I had . In fact he made the product look inferior.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Has the numpty got his freebies from Charlie Bigham ready made meals yet ?
Last vlog of his I saw he was promoting them without shame, clearly in the hope they would bite and use him as a brand ambassador lol.
Can't bring myself to watch this one but I'm aware he's been sent other 'power packs' I wonder what's happened to those ?

AgeingAndrew

Free Member
Apr 3, 2020
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2016
I know . I would just feel I am supporting these clowns if I went out and got one now 😂 .
These devices are around £1500 a piece. If Ecoflow can afford to give them away to any half-wit Youtube channel like the Travel Trolls, then they are seriously over priced. Anyone buying an Ecoflow is subsidising the sort of buffoonery exhibited on this channel.

AgeingAndrew

Free Member
Apr 3, 2020
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2016
Don’t forget that this bozo is an “influencer”; he is trying to influence you and me to buy the product. He, and what he says, is not regulated by advertising standards as a proper product advert must be, so he can spout any old nonsense.
Will you be “influenced” by such an ignoramus?

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Don’t forget that this bozo is an “influencer”; he is trying to influence you and me to buy the product. He, and what he says, is not regulated by advertising standards as a proper product advert must be, so he can spout any old nonsense.
Will you be “influenced” by such an ignoramus?
I’ve been influenced into not purchasing one 👍🏻

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I havent seen what this idiot has to say but had already decided this was a good product that matched my requirements. I certainly would not allow an 'influencer' to have any bearing on whether or not I bought something, even if by mistake I ever watched one.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I havent seen what this idiot has to say but had already decided this was a good product that matched my requirements. I certainly would not allow an 'influencer' to have any bearing on whether or not I bought something, even if by mistake I ever watched one.
Why not post a through review of it!

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
They are like many others just bouncing from one freeby supplier to another.Last week Jackerys are brilliant, this week Ecoflow.The Radfords are just as bad and have become far too showie.Part of me thinks if these companies are foolish enough to continue with this modern way of marketing then good luck to the recipients but having been moments away from pressing the button on an Ecoflow Delta, it's actually put me off and I'm going to beinvesting a lithium and inverter.

We've got some sort of fashion influence living next door.You want to see the boxes of tat that get delivered 🤑🤨

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I find it interesting that as a brand , they think this kind of person will help them in any way to grow . They come across as unprofessional and the product didn’t appear to operate properly as advertised which has put me off . I liked the idea of the fast PD USBC charging facility but this clowns review has completely put me off now .

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
They are like many others just bouncing from one from one freeby supplier to another.Last week Jackerys are brilliant, this week Ecoflow.The Radfords are just as bad and have become far to showie.Part of me thinks if these companies are foolish enough to continue with this modern way of marketing then good luck to the recipients but having been moments away from pressing the button on an Ecoflow Delta, it's actually put me off and I'm going to beinvesting a lithium and inverter.

We've got some sort of fashion influence living next door.You want to see the boxes of tat that get delivered 🤑🤨
Oh yes the Roaming Radfords with 4x 320ah lithium battery powerbank and huge solar array but they need an Eco flow 😂😂.
Then Bob Earnshaw who stays off grid once a year because he’s always on CAMC sites with EHU. 😂. They didn’t target the YouTubers that would actually have made use of the products .
Marketing fail .
Edit
I am also going to get another lithium now . I was close to ordering but I just can’t be connected with these buffoons 😂

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Waste of Electric watching these Twats.
Its all in the name of "entertainment" was there defence to are you for real?, is your wife really as thick naïve as that?
I get annoyed when they pop up on the RHS list of van lifers on You Tube.
I wish there was a way of blocking these from my you tube searches, like a massive thumbs down, then again I would have to log on for that I guess, which I never ever do.;)
LES

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Waste of Electric watching these Twats.
Its all in the name of "entertainment" was there defence to are you for real?, is your wife really as thick naïve as that?
I get annoyed when they pop up on the RHS list of van lifers on You Tube.
I wish there was a way of blocking these from my you tube searches, like a massive thumbs down, then again I would have to log on for that I guess, which I never ever do.;)
LES
It’s a very strange way to market a product .
When someone is interested in a purchasing something they often search online and in my case I often use YouTube for this . I was already aware of these two oxygen thieves but thought I would try and watch the video for the product performance side of things . He basically said it doesn’t work as well being charged on a campsite as it does in a house 🤷🏻‍♂️. Eh ? Also , using words like “ slow “ charge ( ie standard ) and saying that the slow charge was quicker than the fast charge just makes you feel like a mug if you purchased one . It’s absolutely cringeworthy. I guess it’s now the done thing to pay someone to tell people online your products don’t work 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂
I am at the NEC next week and we have our Brand Ambassadors on the trade stand with us . They are a world apart from these plebs .

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I suppose it's all down to how many subscribers and views they attract. It's a numbers game like any advertising.
This.. These people have over 32 thousand subscribers 😳.

Looking at a few comments on their channel, others think Travel Trolls are the bee's knees.. :LOL:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
32k subscribers
15k views

Giving him a unit to "review" is very cheap cost effective, absolutely targeted advertising to your market.

If these manufacturers didn't see an uplift in sales, they wouldn't do it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back