video editing software recommendations (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
can anyone recommend a good video editing software program that is not browser/internet based, something free or inexpensive would be great, cant seem to get on with clipchamp so want a proper program rahter than browser based
thanks

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I would be interested to know what people use as well. A lot use iMovie if you have an apple iPad or Mac . And if you have a GoPro they have an app called GoPro quik which you can edit not only GoPro videos but videos off your phone or camera.
Be good to hear what is popular with others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chatteris
Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
Are you looking for PC software?
If so, what operating system are you looking to load it on?
If it's Windows 10 (or 11) have you tried Microsoft Video Editor (part of the Photos app)?
Maybe have a look at the open source software Openshot - https://www.openshot.org/
yes PC software for windows 11

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Your best bet is to find out what the regular van lifers recommend & use day to day. I am sorry I cant remember off the top of my head what type they use, but if you check out "John & Mandy on tour" or the girls at "Camper vibe", they actually list all the gear they use, inc cameras & laptops.
When I did have a look at the software, I realised that for my usage, although excellent, it needed time & tutorials to see how to grasp even the basics, which were also available on you tube, but I guess you would soon forget the mechanics of it unless you used it regularly.:unsure:
I cant remember if it was free, or you purchased it as a one off cost, sorry again but it was over a year ago.
They all seem to prefer using the software on Apple Mac Laptops also, although the software can be used on Android.
I also know that to provide a 30/45 min video, it takes them even after years of experience, an average of 6 hours to get the audio/visual editing done ready to upload to you tube, but it shows the in the quality of their videos and film work.
Have a look, I am sure you will find out, when you search through their gear and see under editing stuff.
Good Luck.
LES

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
yes PC software for windows 11
Open the Photos App and there's a tab for Video Editor (never used it though).
This is it on 10

1655634218129.png

Deleted User
+1 for the editor in Windows 10, not too complicated so even i could use it 🌝.

IanFl

Free Member
Nov 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Self converted boxer
Hit Film Express - free, not too difficult to get started and lots of potential as you get more experienced.
Lots of online tutorials & examples to follow

Oct 19, 2023
Funster No
MH
just-looking
Have you heard of fonedog video converter? It's so versatile that covers a wide range of video formats though i don't think i need that much.:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back