Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Having the Camos with Astra 1 and reading that some of the TV channels are now on Astra 1N which is on 28.2E does anybody know of an upgrade to the Camos controller to allow us to receive Astra 1N.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Having the Camos with Astra 1 and reading that some of the TV channels are now on Astra 1N which is on 28.2E does anybody know of an upgrade to the Camos controller to allow us to receive Astra 1N.

Hi
I can't help with your problem, but can you tell me if the dome works down in Spain we go to La Manga and benicassim up from valencia, I hope somebody can help with your post, have you tried a google on it ?. Pete

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None

UK TV channels are on Astra 2s and EB1 at 28 east.
1n has joined them at that location.
As your dish locates the astra 2s then you will also be able to receive 1n.
They are all in the same location.
So no upgrade should be required.

You may have to add the 1n frequencies to your receivers TP list, telling the receiver there are new frequencies active. Only 3 frequencies are live with channels on 1n at the moment and so if you can get C4HD, or "Five USA" or Five * then you are getting 1n.
itv1: 11053 h 22 5/6
fives: 10965 h 22 5/6
c4hd: 11126 V 22 2/3

Hi
I can't help with your problem, but can you tell me if the dome works down in Spain we go to La Manga and benicassim up from valencia,
I am sure the dome will work in Spain. However, as mentioned many times on many previously threads, which channels you can receive is mainly determined by the size of the dish. So reception of some channels will not be as good as other locations and channels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Just redirect your dish to the relevant satellite you want.

What was commonly known as Astra 1 is on 19.2E, most UK channels were already on Astra 2 at 28E, such as Astra 2A,B,D and now Astra 1N.

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

If your decoder does not receive the channels either upgrade the software on your receiver, (sometimes that has to be done on 13E or 19E depending on the box) or manually input the Transponders you want from 28E using the website above.

it should then work ok.....:thumb:

Does that make sense.....:Eeek:

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Thanks guys for your replies. We are presently on a campsite in Roquetas. While we were in Peniscola (between Barcelona and Benicassim) we were receiving ITV central s, ITV central e, ITV+1, S4C and Sky News, BBC radio 1,2,3 and 4.

We are still receiving these channels here in Roquetas but have tried to install channel 5 and C4HD and we cannot get a signal.

Thank you for your help, obviously our Camos is not quite big enough.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Thanks guys for your replies. We are presently on a campsite in Roquetas. While we were in Peniscola (between Barcelona and Benicassim) we were receiving ITV central s, ITV central e, ITV+1, S4C and Sky News, BBC radio 1,2,3 and 4.

We are still receiving these channels here in Roquetas but have tried to install channel 5 and C4HD and we cannot get a signal.

Thank you for your help, obviously our Camos is not quite big enough.:thumb:

And if your dish cannot receive the Fives or C4HD that are already on 1n, then you will prbably also lose the ITV1s you are using as they are also expected to move to 1n in the near future - hence the ITV1, ITV1+1 and ITV1HD on the first 1n frequency i posted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back