Feeling a bit gutted really!.... (1 Viewer)

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
Well, That's it!..... The motorhome goes tomorrow ( private sale )

Tell me I'm a daft old bugger, but I'm feeling really sad at letting her go!...

I've had her since new ( 2004 ) but we have decided to either upgrade or ...............change to a caravan! :Eeek:

I know it's only a lump of metal but...... do others feel the same way when they sell their beloved vans?........

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
A long time ago someone offered me a wife swapping party invite....but apparently he didn't expect anyone to turn up with a left hand set of golf clubs????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I only went to one once :Blush:

I came home with the best set of metric spanners:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RKE

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
I only went to one once :Blush:

I came home with the best set of metric spanners:ROFLMAO:

Well, selling the missus was my first choice, but according to my solicitor it would have been the more expensive option!...... :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
RKE

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
:whatthe::whatthe:change to a caravan!

TRAITOR​

Ha! ::bigsmile:

It's an option we have discussed............

The only thing that worries me is.......... can I get me sub refunded from the Funsters forum if we do? :ROFLMAO:

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
When we sold our caravan (to buy our present RV) and saw them taking her away I just felt gutted. Thought would they look after her as well as we had and felt myself welling up!!!!! Daft women I thought...............its only a caravan:Doh::Doh: but yes you do get attached

Regards Chris

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
When we sold our caravan (to buy our present RV) and saw them taking her away I just felt gutted. Thought would they look after her as well as we had and felt myself welling up!!!!! Daft women I thought...............its only a caravan:Doh::Doh: but yes you do get attached

Regards Chris

Caravan aint much good if you dont get it attached.:ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
t we have decided to either upgrade or ...............change to a caravan! :Eeek:

No no no .. you have it all wrong... Upgrade to a caravan.. :thumb:

That's what we have done and you'll never look back ... soooooooo much easier than driving a a Mr Whippy ice cream van..

We have bought a 12ft van.. with king size bed and all mod cons.. weights in unladen at 650kg, easy peasy to drive and park, no tax, MOT or insurance .. and still get 28mpg with a Honda CRV .. I can never see the logic of buying a motorhome .. then tugging a noddy car.. :Doh:

On site you have luxury transport waiting for you to go exploring... no more standing in bus shelters in the wind and rain waiting for a bus and ... you can park anywhere ... . wish we'de done it years ago .. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
RKE

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
No no no .. you have it all wrong... Upgrade to a caravan.. :thumb:

That's what we have done and you'll never look back ... soooooooo much easier than driving a a Mr Whippy ice cream van..

We have bought a 12ft van.. with king size bed and all mod cons.. weights in unladen at 650kg, easy peasy to drive and park, no tax, MOT or insurance .. and still get 28mpg with a Honda CRV .. I can never see the logic of buying a motorhome .. then tugging a noddy car.. :Doh:

On site you have luxury transport waiting for you to go exploring... no more standing in bus shelters in the wind and rain waiting for a bus and ... you can park anywhere ... . wish we'de done it years ago .. ::bigsmile:

I must admit those very thoughts are going through my mind!......:winky:

I have a 4x4 that is capable of towing a bungalow ::bigsmile: that I use on a daily basis. I need this vehicle, so no question of exchanging it for a smaller one.

My thoughts are, ....... If I need the 4x4, why not tow a caravan, and as you say, save on tax, insurance, and all the other running costs that a motorhome incurs!
We tend not to 'tour' so much these days but prefer to stay longer in one place so maybe a caravan would be more suitable for us!......

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
what ever you do enjoy it.

But yes felt real sad when we got rid of our first van. so many happy memories with the kids.
When we got our second van we loved it but when changing it a few weeks ago, was really pleased to get rid because I was so excited about it. :Cool::Cool:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
when we were looking for ours we considered a fifth wheel or a caravan but having to run the tow vehicle on a daily basis the motorhome worked out to be the most economic answer and then tow the small car if needed.

as we were on low wages we couldn't justify running a 4x4 or large pickup as a daily motor and besides that im a tight sod, and on checking up later if we had done the right thing it seems we had.
the road tax for both vehicles is less than £200 for the year and insurance for both is around £600 and combined mpg of the 2 still equates to more than 30mpg.

but its all down to circumstances and if the cap fits, one size doesn't suit all scenario.

if you need to run a 4x4 for what ever reason then a caravan is the best option.
if you need to run a large pickup for whatever reason then either a caravan or a fifth wheel is the best option.
if you have no need for a 4x4 or large pickup [HI]other than to tow your caravan/fifth wheel[/HI] then maybe you made the wrong choice.

OP
OP
RKE

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
:Smile:
when we were looking for ours we considered a fifth wheel or a caravan but having to run the tow vehicle on a daily basis the motorhome worked out to be the most economic answer and then tow the small car if needed.

as we were on low wages we couldn't justify running a 4x4 or large pickup as a daily motor and besides that im a tight sod, and on checking up later if we had done the right thing it seems we had.
the road tax for both vehicles is less than £200 for the year and insurance for both is around £600 and combined mpg of the 2 still equates to more than 30mpg.

but its all down to circumstances and if the cap fits, one size doesn't suit all scenario.

if you need to run a 4x4 for what ever reason then a caravan is the best option.
if you need to run a large pickup for whatever reason then either a caravan or a fifth wheel is the best option.
if you have no need for a 4x4 or large pickup [HI]other than to tow your caravan/fifth wheel[/HI] then maybe you made the wrong choice.

Thanks for the advice aba.......

Yes, I do need to run a 4x4..........so maybe a caravan would be the best option especially as we tend to stay on a site for a week or more at a time these days!....:Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sold the baby camper last week to a lovely young couple who are over the moon with it. I thought I would be sad to see it go but they were so enthusiastic about what they were going to do and were they were going to go, it made the breek easier.
Sold the RV yesterday and watched it trundle off down the road,and I must admit to having reservations about selling it. Then jumped into the latest acquisition and all thoughts of sadness were dispelled as I realised I had made the right decision for ME to downsize from the RV and up-size from the VW.
Have had some great times in both those campers,but there are also great times ahead with the latest one.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

Where does that put us Andy,
Big pick up for Ralphs building work. 4x4 for me , and a motorhome :ROFLMAO:

No seriously though , if we hadn't already got the Nissan Terrano from our caravanning days , and it wasn't such a good runner , we would probably have swapped it by now.

Saying that , having it meant Ralph could get out and about to work through all the bad snow last year.
We would go back to a caravan , no problem. But we do prefer a motorhome. It suits our style of camping more.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Where does that put us Andy,
Big pick up for Ralphs building work. 4x4 for me , and a motorhome :ROFLMAO:

No seriously though , if we hadn't already got the Nissan Terrano from our caravanning days , and it wasn't such a good runner , we would probably have swapped it by now.

Saying that , having it meant Ralph could get out and about to work through all the bad snow last year.
We would go back to a caravan , no problem. But we do prefer a motorhome. It suits our style of camping more.

quite simply it puts you in the if the cap fits, and the one size doesn't fit all section.
but on the other hand you don't drag a small car behind you either, its all down to your own lifestyle requirements.
with us there are just the 2 of us so the smart car suits just fine and when i go out with my son debbie doesn't come with us (because they don't get on) so again a 2 seater is fine.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Well, That's it!..... The motorhome goes tomorrow ( private sale )

Tell me I'm a daft old bugger, but I'm feeling really sad at letting her go!...

I've had her since new ( 2004 ) but we have decided to either upgrade or ...............change to a caravan! :Eeek:

I know it's only a lump of metal but...... do others feel the same way when they sell their beloved vans?........
YES we spend so many good times its like loosing an old friend :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back