Transport of spare LPG bottle? (1 Viewer)

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I will be converting to Gaslow soon, however, my Flash 03 only has a locker size for one bottle which is fine.

However, if I was to also carry a BBQ, what are the rules (if any) on carrying another LPG bottle not stored in the locker? In my case it would be stored in the garage?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
why not just have an external BBQ point fitted?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I will be converting to Gaslow soon, however, my Flash 03 only has a locker size for one bottle which is fine.

However, if I was to also carry a BBQ, what are the rules (if any) on carrying another LPG bottle not stored in the locker? In my case it would be stored in the garage?

Maybe just an LPG sticker on the door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi craig
im not too clear on this one either although i would think that it needs to be secured in some way and maybe fit another LPG sticker on the garage door so that in an emergency it highlights where the other bottle is.

although maybe your best option would be to have an external tank fitted under the van then if needed you can carry the spare bottle for your bbq in the existing locker.
the other advantage of this option is you are not limited to a 6 or 11kg gaslow bottle because if you use the van a lot through the winter you may be filling the bottle more than your moving.

i like the gaslow idea but if you end up snowed in on a site for a while you can run out of gas.

i have a single 11kg gaslow and a 13kg calor and a spare 6kg calor lite although i am thinking of going for a single underslung tank and getting rid of the gaslow bottle but keeping the option of using standard bottles if the need arises.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I'm liking the idea of the BBQ point and was thinking about it inside the locker rather than cutting another hole.

So all I'd need is a tap (like the Truma KV8) and a T-Peice to be fitted after the regulator.

Tap - Link Removed
T-Piece - Link Removed

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Craig, if you secure it in the garage I think you would have to provide at least one drop-out vent in the floor and ensure it is kept clear......I agree with Paul (haganap) that the safest and simplest solution is an external BBQ point.
It should be ok to fit the BBQ point in the gas locker as this should already be vented.
Brian

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I'm liking the idea of the BBQ point and was thinking about it inside the locker rather than cutting another hole.

So all I'd need is a tap (like the Truma KV8) and a T-Peice to be fitted after the regulator.

Tap - Link Removed
T-Piece - Link Removed

Rather than FIT a gas point as such, I just t'd into with a tap to the feed line ( down wind of the regulator of course ) in the gas locker, attached a 2 metre length of gas pipe and added a QR fitting to the end of that.
No holes in the body work at all and a very flexible usage too :thumb:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Jaws solution may just suit me, as well. Our Chausson will only accommodate a single bottle (although it will take a 13 kg propane) and I have been thinking of a second bottle in the garage but have concerns about (a) security and (b) gas drop outs.

Steve

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
That's pretty much what I'm suggesting, however, instead of the flexipipe being in the locker, I'll just put the quick release in the locker and attach the BBQ to that via the flexipipe.

That means the flexipipe is only attached when I need to use it, so less pipe and joints to leak.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back