LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Had a few days at Nantes.. not overley impressed, although the "Mechanical Monsters" what we saw of them was good... but as a city too busy to drive round slowly looking for interesting places... Plus site fee`s as said were very expensive for what was on offer, anyway been there done that...

Yesterday nothing really planned for our trip further down South, so as we were or had left Nantes a couple of days before we had thought we travelled South and thought we would pull into "Twinlakes" and say hello to Garry...

Same old Garry very welcoming and had done as he said last time we were here back in 2008/9 and put some EHU and water on the big field on the right of the first lake..

All grass but will take the biggest and heaviest of RV`s... and still the same very peaceful and quiet place it always has been, Garry was pleased to see us...

So any traveling down this way and want an overnighter or longer and not far from the motorway would be made most welcome.. And only 50 mins drive to the city of Bordeaux..

And only charged 12- N - half euros a night with EHU..

ElsanPoint but for RV`s it would have to be Bucket & Chuckit.. (Down Elsan Point).... but being able to sit out side there little bar overlooking the first lake with the ducks etc more than makes up for no black dump..

Off down to Larrouleta tomorrow (Near the Spanish Border, Nice site we have stayed at before).. if the weather is OK we will stay a few days and have a look around and a drive up into the Pyrennes... If not will move on further South..

Still aiming to be at Zahora on the 20th Dec....

Any travelling down have a safe journey.. :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Old Mo, sounds as if you you are having a steady trip to reach Marie & Rex, always think we are so lucky to have the Motorhomes we can do as we please, move on when the fancy takes us, enjoy had have a safe trip.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Had a few days at Nantes.. not overley impressed, although the "Mechanical Monsters" what we saw of them was good... but as a city too busy to drive round slowly looking for interesting places... Plus site fee`s as said were very expensive for what was on offer, anyway been there done that...

Yesterday nothing really planned for our trip further down South, so as we were or had left Nantes a couple of days before we had thought we travelled South and thought we would pull into "Twinlakes" and say hello to Garry...

Same old Garry very welcoming and had done as he said last time we were here back in 2008/9 and put some EHU and water on the big field on the right of the first lake..

All grass but will take the biggest and heaviest of RV`s... and still the same very peaceful and quiet place it always has been, Garry was pleased to see us...

So any traveling down this way and want an overnighter or longer and not far from the motorway would be made most welcome.. And only 50 mins drive to the city of Bordeaux..

And only charged 12- N - half euros a night with EHU..

ElsanPoint but for RV`s it would have to be Bucket & Chuckit.. (Down Elsan Point).... but being able to sit out side there little bar overlooking the first lake with the ducks etc more than makes up for no black dump..

Off down to Larrouleta tomorrow (Near the Spanish Border, Nice site we have stayed at before).. if the weather is OK we will stay a few days and have a look around and a drive up into the Pyrennes... If not will move on further South..

Still aiming to be at Zahora on the 20th Dec....

Any travelling down have a safe journey.. :thumb:

Hello Mo ! That is whereI stayed on my way back from Portugal , and i took a few pics of the site ! I found it quite good as well and very reasonnable prices, same for everybody (tent , caravan or motorhome) , quite big pitches ! Restaurant and café are not opened now but still quite good!

Hope everything goes well!

Love to you 3

xxxxxxx Frankie xxxxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hello Mo ! That is whereI stayed on my way back from Portugal , and i took a few pics of the site ! I found it quite good as well and very reasonnable prices, same for everybody (tent , caravan or motorhome) , quite big pitches ! Restaurant and café are not opened now but still quite good!

Hope everything goes well!

Love to you 3

xxxxxxx Frankie xxxxxxx

Thanks Frankie... We have stayed before... and as you say site bar and cafe not open but plenty not far away...

See you soon..

Maurice,Judy & Paul.
XXXX

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Arrived at Larrouleta about 3-30pm.... got sorted and sat out side with a drinkie poo`s (Spanish Sweet White Wine ) Gobsmacked it was about 17deg... fantastic... we honestly thought being at the bottom of the pyranee`s it would be a bit chilly.... bloody fantastic and warm... we are going to stay at the site for two or three nights...

Off for a ride up the mountains tomorrow to see if we can find some snow (How sad are we ) and the next day going to have a ride down to the coast before pushing over the border...

Had a nice three days at Garry`s (Twinlakes).. any one travelling down and need a break near Bordeaux do pop in even if it just a nights stopover... very basic but the welcome he gives makes up for it after the untimely departure of Sandy just over a year ago...

Rumour was going around he was thinking of packing up and going back to the UK.... you can be assured this is not the case and he has put in 8 EHU and water on the big field by one of the lakes..... it is grass but very firm and can take any size RV or MH.. the site is so tranquil and peaceful it is beautiful and well worth a visit....

With my words above I would just like to say I have nothing to do with "Twinlakes" but do admire Garry for carrying on with the running of the site after the untimely passing of Sandy.. So please do try and pop in..

Safe travels for any setting off to come down South... :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back