LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There's always something isn't there? There's me thinking of having an Efoy fitted when we change the van and something else comes along.

Claimed decibel levels are, perhaps, a bit lower than those claimed by Honda but still might be intrusive.

Given the pricing I think the Efoy is still more attractive, especially as it will only be a backup to solar and (possibly) VAWT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Seems to be 5 times quieter than yours Chris. Ten times quieter when you start yours up:Smile:
at 51db allmost as quite as solar panel's,and a lot more reliable(work's in the dark):thumb::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
There's always something isn't there? There's me thinking of having an Efoy fitted when we change the van and something else comes along.

Claimed decibel levels are, perhaps, a bit lower than those claimed by Honda but still might be intrusive.

Given the pricing I think the Efoy is still more attractive, especially as it will only be a backup to solar and (possibly) VAWT.
also looking at the efoy,but avalibilty of the methonol puts me off?:Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The 3 grand fitted price puts me of that onboard Genny. Why not just put a cheap Hyundi electric start genny in a soundproofed locker and vent the exaust? Cost about ÂŁ600

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
The 3 grand fitted price puts me of that onboard Genny. Why not just put a cheap Hyundi electric start genny in a soundproofed locker and vent the exaust? Cost about ÂŁ600
i would be fitting it myself,it aint rocket:RollEyes:might be if i get it wrong:ROFLMAO:

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Warning

If you are thinking of taking up this option you will notice that the company offer hook up etc, don't stray off the site! it is not in a very nice area and is next to the insurance dreaded B9 & B10 areas of Brum. :whatthe:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Chris at 3k I would want it to run on fresh air :roflmto: Just how much do you need one ?do you run out of battery power now ?If the answer is no then my thoughts are you are wasting your money on something you want rather than need.
terry
BTW Jims idea is a better/cheaper option IF you need it.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Hi Chris at 3k I would want it to run on fresh air :roflmto: Just how much do you need one ?do you run out of battery power now ?If the answer is no then my thoughts are you are wasting your money on something you want rather than need.
terry
BTW Jims idea is a better/cheaper option IF you need it.::bigsmile:
no i never run out of power,just like the idea,dont realy need it,just want one:thumb:got to have one:Eeek:must get one:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
only thinking about it terry,might spend a tenner quiteing my 12v genny down a bit:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:or surply every one on site with earmuffs:ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
no i never run out of power,just like the idea,dont realy need it,just want one:thumb:got to have one:Eeek:must get one:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
only thinking about it terry,might spend a tenner quiteing my 12v genny down a bit:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:or surply every one on site with earmuffs:ROFLMAO:

Surely, Chris, you're not admitting that your little genny is a tad noticeable are you? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Surely, Chris, you're not admitting that your little genny is a tad noticeable are you? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
i have never noticed it is noisy,mind you i start the thing and walk off and leave it running:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WHY IS MY NOSE GROWING LONGER:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
A lot more expensive that a small honda..not much quieter

and at least with the honda you can use it around the house etc.

barry

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We have had one for 3 years. Never have a flat battery and can run a heavy load on our 1600w inverter and it will suppliment. No worries about gas leaks, but if one occures the unit is outside in the air and gas drops away and is blown away. Charges at 20amps and autocharge can be turned off if required, normaly use it turns on at just under 12v and off at just under 14v without intervention.

Needs servicing after 400 hours. The fan can disintergrate between 600 and 1000 hours (design fault). We have over 800 hours on ours and have had two services and a new fan. 1 litre of fully synthetic 2 stroke oil overy 150 hours.

We have used ours for weeks on end while parked near Haverigg. We are getting solar fitted as well to save on gas use.

We are heavy electricity users with computers and Amateur Radio as well as Sky box and TV on top of lights, pumps etc. We find we need to recharge for about 3 hours per day to keep our 2 x 110 ah batteries in good order.

I would not be without ours.

John

Nov 21, 2011
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 400
Exp
7 years
Listen Chris, if you want it mate go for it, dont listen to any negative opinions I am sure that your last lottery win will cover it!:ROFLMAO:
Clive

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

At least you are honest Chris :thumb: You want one,:thumb: not need one - A bit like me with Battery drills :winky::ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
We have had one for 3 years. Never have a flat battery and can run a heavy load on our 1600w inverter and it will suppliment. No worries about gas leaks, but if one occures the unit is outside in the air and gas drops away and is blown away. Charges at 20amps and autocharge can be turned off if required, normaly use it turns on at just under 12v and off at just under 14v without intervention.

Needs servicing after 400 hours. The fan can disintergrate between 600 and 1000 hours (design fault). We have over 800 hours on ours and have had two services and a new fan. 1 litre of fully synthetic 2 stroke oil overy 150 hours.

We have used ours for weeks on end while parked near Haverigg. We are getting solar fitted as well to save on gas use.

We are heavy electricity users with computers and Amateur Radio as well as Sky box and TV on top of lights, pumps etc. We find we need to recharge for about 3 hours per day to keep our 2 x 110 ah batteries in good order.

I would not be without ours.

John
cheers john a good post:thumb:
Do you find it noisey?

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
cheers john a good post:thumb:
Do you find it noisey?

Hi Chris

We notice more of a floor vibration above it, than other do outside. That said it is just under the floor by our bed and we have gone to sleep with it running while wildcamping.

When I first got it I ran it at Peterborough show and asked the users of vans around me if it was annoying them. The majority said they didn't even notice I had a generator running. Those that did notice said it did not bother them.

Hope that helps

John

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Was this the guy you asked at peterboro John?::bigsmile:
Broken Link Removed
This poor guy spent just one weekend in the same field as Chris Greens homemade charger

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I am getting one.

I suppose I don't need one either, just want one. I love the fact that it comes on automatically when needed. I have solar as well but that's limited in the winter (especially with snow on it!)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Smudger has one... very quiet but you can tell when it kicks in...

Mind you, Smudger has enough generating capability than a small nuclear power station....

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back