Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello. We bought our first MH at the end of September and have had a lot of fun trying it out round Cornwall and Devon. Next spring we are hoping to plan a trip to Europe. Just wondering if anyone can recommend the best road maps for France, Spain and Portugal. Thanks in advance.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I've heard the Philips Multiscale is supposed to be good but couldn't get my hands on one this year. ::bigsmile:
Ivy

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, certainly the best map i have found for spain and portugal is the cepsa mapamax .isbn 978-84-9776=945-7 mine is a 2010 issue i hope you can get a newer version . but it as lots of the smaller coastal roads and beaches named . i payed 5.90euro for it in spain.
been visiting spain since a small child in the 60,s have loads of maps but this is the best. have fun .cheers alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
For France I love the Michelin Maps, great details and follow the roads highlighted in Green.

They are normally very scenic routes, along coastlines, through mountains and lovely countryside, so great for poodling along in the motorhome.:thumb:

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I've just purchased the Philips Multiscale 2012

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1849071624[/ame]

Not had to try it out yet, but it's pretty good with the 3 different scaled maps.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I've always found it best to buy maps over there, then you get proper signage as well as distances between points in kilometres rather then miles.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Another vote for Michelin, very good maps, very good routefinding website as well (viamichelin), get into all the features on the routefinder and it gives a hell of alot of good info that you can transfer to a map or your own satnav,.....now why dont they make them?:thumb:

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Road maps

We bought the Michelin book of maps for Spain and Portugal to use in September. We found it fairly accurate apart from one road across a mountain which should not have been a yellow road - at least I think it was marked yellow. It turned out to be much narrower than we anticipated.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hello. We bought our first MH at the end of September and have had a lot of fun trying it out round Cornwall and Devon. Next spring we are hoping to plan a trip to Europe. Just wondering if anyone can recommend the best road maps for France, Spain and Portugal. Thanks in advance.
Michelin Maps simple`s :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Another vote for Michelin, very good maps, very good routefinding website as well (viamichelin), get into all the features on the routefinder and it gives a hell of alot of good info that you can transfer to a map or your own satnav,.....[HI]now why dont they make them?[/HI]:thumb:

they do Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back