Help needed re Snooper AVN 7000 Ventura (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I made the mistake of buying a Snooper AVN 7000 Ventura sat nav system.

The kit has not worked properly since the day I bought it, and I've had a real struggle trying to get a refund, replacement or repair.

One of the problems is that the 'Points of Interest Near Current Location' feature doesn't work.

For example, say I am in the middle of the Scottish Highlands and ask the Snooper device to give me campsites near current location, it says there are none. It does this no matter where I am. Even though I might be sat right next to one.

To get it to list anything I need to find the name of the current location and then tell the Snooper to find 'Points of Interest Near a Different Location' and then enter in where I am and it will then list them.

Obviously, this is stupid as on many occasions you don't know exactly where you are (that's one of the the points of a sat nav, right), and any way, what's the point in having a 'Find Points of Interest Near Current Location' feature if that always lists nothing.

I've taken the motorhome into VW and in Fiat and both dealerships have confirmed that of course the 'Points of Interest Near Current Location' should do exactly that, and I shouldn't have to actually find out and enter where I am manually, but for some odd reason the dealer doesn't want to believe they are right.

If you have a Snooper, or any other sat nav come to that, can you confirm that I'm not going mad and that it is the dealer who is wrong.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I made the mistake of buying a Snooper AVN 7000 Ventura sat nav system.

The kit has not worked properly since the day I bought it, and I've had a real struggle trying to get a refund, replacement or repair.

One of the problems is that the 'Points of Interest Near Current Location' feature doesn't work.

For example, say I am in the middle of the Scottish Highlands and ask the Snooper device to give me campsites near current location, it says there are none. It does this no matter where I am. Even though I might be sat right next to one.

To get it to list anything I need to find the name of the current location and then tell the Snooper to find 'Points of Interest Near a Different Location' and then enter in where I am and it will then list them.

Obviously, this is stupid as on many occasions you don't know exactly where you are (that's one of the the points of a sat nav, right), and any way, what's the point in having a 'Find Points of Interest Near Current Location' feature if that always lists nothing.

I've taken the motorhome into VW and in Fiat and both dealerships have confirmed that of course the 'Points of Interest Near Current Location' should do exactly that, and I shouldn't have to actually find out and enter where I am manually, but for some odd reason the dealer doesn't want to believe they are right.

If you have a Snooper, or any other sat nav come to that, can you confirm that I'm not going mad and that it is the dealer who is wrong.
we have the snooper 7000s
it does not work correctly the icons dissapear but the names are there but you can not access any of them i have to turn off reboot and then it works for a few mins it will not update maps i have had no joy from the tossers i paid £400 too or from snooper direct even though they take £39.99 a year from my bank account
it isnt a good advert for snooper they should wake up and put things right

its a lot of money for a poor sat nav :Blush:

hope you get yours sorted

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have one and it works OK for me

I have owned my snooper now for just over a year (Purchased it at Lincoln show in 2010) .. used it to France (south) twice and many other places. Works OK for me.

It does have a small lage sometimes at junctions or roundabouts. But even my Garmin Street Pilot III and my Pioneer have there own issues from time to time.

I only purchased the first speed camera up date when I purchased the Snooper.. I then cancelled the subscription.

It is a cheap un it compared to the Garmion Street Pilot III I purchased 10 years ago when that cost me £1,400 and the Pioneer that cost the best part of £1,000 2 1/2 years back.. OK it does have a back up camera and entertainment facility.. the Snooper for the money is not that bad.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have owned my snooper now for just over a year (Purchased it at Lincoln show in 2010) ..
Bob

Bob, on your Snooper when you select points of interest near current location does it list the points of interest near current location (e.g. campsites, petrol stations, etc)?

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Bob, on your Snooper when you select points of interest near current location does it list the points of interest near current location (e.g. campsites, petrol stations, etc)?
mine dosent list any thing just blank :Eeek: bloody snooper is not working bugger it i will have :roflmto:to use a map from now on :Blush:

craig.drake

Free Member
Oct 3, 2010
queensbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since may 2010
:cry:i had same one hated it sold it on ebay lost £70:Doh: in all wouldnt recomend one for many reasons as well as the ones listed:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup bought one, tried it for two days and physically took it back.. threatened action bloody violence if I did not get my lolly back ( private sale )/..

Lots of threats and then the 3 lads I took with me got out the van .. Cash in hand in under 9 seconds :ROFLMAO:

Def a pile of poo and NOT a name I would recommend to anyone !

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I finally got my money back from the credit card company for my Snooper SatNav ... phew!

It gets ripped out tomorrow and I'm getting a lovely new double din audio system / satnav put in.

Amazingly, it hasn't even switched on for ages. It just seems to have died company. I don't think I've ever had such an unreliable piece of kit.

Maybe now I will actually be able to find POIs near current location :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back