Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Mornin' all.

Here's hoping someone can help! We're going to France tomorrow and Caroline has just bought a Kindle 3g. She's ok with downloading books but has no idea how to use it for emailing (hotmail). Where we are going has no wifi, only a phone signal. We've hunted around for instructions with Google with no luck so far ...:Sad:

Any hints, from personal experience, would be most gratefully received!!!

:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Mornin' all.

Here's hoping someone can help! We're going to France tomorrow and Caroline has just bought a Kindle 3g. She's ok with downloading books but has no idea how to use it for emailing (hotmail). Where we are going has no wifi, only a phone signal. We've hunted around for instructions with Google with no luck so far ...:Sad:

Its very slow and clunky.......by the time youve sent it .it might have been better to pay for a phone call !
I dont think kindle want people to use their connectivity for anything else but buying books. Brilliant reader though.

barry

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Mornin' all.

Try (pm to) Carol, she succeeded and is thrilled with it . Griff :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stcyr

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks both! Forgive a newbie: which Carol? :whatthe::whatthe:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Mornin' all.

Ok-It wont do all e-mail (it won't do aol for example) but I think Hotmail might be ok.
1.Turn on wireless
2.Go to Menu
3.Scroll down to Experimental
4.Click on Launch Browser
From then on it's just like pc or laptop-but slower. Good Luck ::bigsmile: Mike

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Kindle Forum UK

Have a look on the link, should answer most of your questions, suggest you bookmark the page as it has been very handy for us. Have you download Kindle Users Guide to your Kindle/PC/Laptop ?

http://www.kuforum.co.uk/

Regards, Bryan

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi, just logged on got your pm replied, then found thread and see the same info given here, glad it all matched up fiddly but do-able.

Would say any one with a kindle the link to Kindle users forum is well worth accessing, they even tell you how you can use the 3g keyboard kindle as a gps map. (though much to Eds dismay) I can't find where on the forum I read it but it is there.

OP
OP
stcyr

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
:thanks: .......... Doesn't seem to like Hotmail either! Loads Yahoo ok ....

Ah well, where there's a will there's a way - probably!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Used mine for e mail a few times when travelling through Asia last year because the crappy Blackberry failed to work in most of Asia. It was ok but very slow and very awkward to use but better than nothing and certainly better than the useless Blackberry.

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
We always use our Kindles when we're travelling. We use Gmail and Facebook, both of which have mobile versions, so it's quicker to load.

Check that you can actually access Hotmail, because I heard somewhere else that it couldn't be done on the Kindle.

Having been away for 7 weeks (got back yesterday), I'm amazed at how colourful the internet is when using a 'proper' computer again :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We always use our Kindles when we're travelling. We use Gmail and Facebook, both of which have mobile versions, so it's quicker to load.

Check that you can actually access Hotmail, because I heard somewhere else that it couldn't be done on the Kindle.

Having been away for 7 weeks (got back yesterday), I'm amazed at how colourful the internet is when using a 'proper' computer again :ROFLMAO:

Going away without a proper computer:Eeek: I couldn't do it:Smile:

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Going away without a proper computer:Eeek: I couldn't do it:Smile:

Hah! Neither could I :winky: I meant when using a proper computer to access the internet. I did use a McD WiFi for about 10 minutes when Mrs. GandA was doing some shopping (she wanted to find info on Spanish campsites), and the colour hits you in face when you've spent weeks squinting at a grey-on-grey Kindle screen.

My MBP is surgically attached to me, and goes everywhere I do ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back