Deadbolt lock habitation door (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Do they make a dead lock for euro motor home doors?

One that can be locked outside with a key and knob inside?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
two sides to every coin, but i cant see the point in having a turn button inside to unlock....

one broken side window later the scroat has reached in and unlocked the 'high security' lock from the inside...thats fine if you're in the van sleeping..you'll hear the noise.
but what if you aint in ?:Doh:

OK, you need to get out in a rush in the event of fire etc, but the hab windows on a eurovan wont take a lot of kicking out when the adrenalin is pumpin' and the chances are the vans going to be an insurance right-off anyway.

electronic deadlocks are the way to go...no knobs, no keys.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I am on a budget and without my Bruno fancy a little extra security...

Solar panels.......batteries....scooter and rack......side blockers.........oh the list goes on and on:cry:...........but i'll get there.............:winky:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Before you go to bed John, tie a piece of string to the hab door handle, then go back to bed and tie the other end to your big toe, you will know if some one opens the door! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Still got a left big one Pete..............the right foots missing a few now.....bummer really can't use em to count with............

Left foot size 13, right foot size 10:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John,with a little thought any lock can be made to fit a van :thumb:I fitted one of my work vans with 5 lever dead locks :thumb:Just like fitting to a wooden door only a bit harder to drill and a bit more measuring ::bigsmile:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Still got a left big one Pete..............the right foots missing a few now.....bummer really can't use em to count with............

Left foot size 13, right foot size 10:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How many is a few 2/3 if so you can count up to 7 or 8 or 17 / 18 if using fingers ::bigsmile:
terry

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just fitted 5 lever deadlocks to my van also. Not an overly tricky job but well worth doing in my opinion.

I like the String to toe idea. However I know I would forget to untie it before going to the toilet in the night. The string would be just the right length so that when I tripped my head would end up in the crapper. Not a nice mental image :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Harrison will do a good job if you can get to them. Where there is a likelihood that an internal door lock can be easily reached through a forced window, they will fit a lock that requires key activation rather than twist-knob. On ours, they fitted Abus deadlocks.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Harrison will do a good job if you can get to them. Where there is a likelihood that an internal door lock can be easily reached through a forced window, they will fit a lock that requires key activation rather than twist-knob. On ours, they fitted Abus deadlocks.

Hi JeanLuc abus are about £15 to £20 each so how much did they carge to fit ?
terry

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hi JeanLuc abus are about £15 to £20 each so how much did they carge to fit ?
terry

Not sure which locks you are thinking of, but the Abus deadlocks fitted to mine are listed at £134 each on a number of websites - without fitting.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Do they make a dead lock for euro motor home doors?

One that can be locked outside with a key and knob inside?

I got mine fitted by John of Reliable Security Link Removed. He is Paul Harrison of Harrison Locks son-in-law. Had them fitted on site at Uttoxeter Racecourse. He will give a 15% discount on fitted locks to Funsters. :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not sure which locks you are thinking of, but the Abus deadlocks fitted to mine are listed at £134 each on a number of websites - without fitting.

Hi JeanLuc, not knocking your locks but even the dearest chubb locks don't cost above £100 and the dearest Abus are about £25 :Eeek: They may well have lifted your leg by saying MOTORHOME before the lock ::bigsmile:It often happens :Angry: the mere mention of MH adds hundreds ::bigsmile:
I once went for somes springs for a van £160 each but when he asked exactly model they jumped to 300 each :Eeek: needless to say I did not buy them ::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back