French Disabled freindly site (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Now and then I post on the Disabled section of the forum:

I recently wrote a review for the MMM (paid for) ... MMM reduced the printed version of the Disabled MMM suppliment which for many years was produced only in the printed format. This year MMM put a large amount of the articles on line. Now everyone wants to hunt those articles down.

I did an article on a Camp site that I have stayed at a few times on the way back to the UK in northern France... This site is very friendly for the disabled person in a wheelchair or that uses a scooter. The site it's self is mainly flat, but with a slight road slope from the receiption to the roadway (entrance).. having a tier from the same level as reception down to the river pitches.. my scooter copes fine.. wheelchair I need a push from SWMBO (Sue). The site is a very clean and tidy site, while it is only 2 start in the ACIS book (Under rated in my opinion) it has a first class disabled toilet, good general facilities like showers etc., up to 10 amps to charge the scooters (6 amps is standard ..you pay for the extra) .. dog friendly, tarmac roads within the site, friendly staff.

It is just beside a bike trail that take you in to the town if you do not want to use the road and pavement .. even the cycle track has a wheelchair symbol (first one I have seen with one).. less than 1 km to the town .. and what a nice town it is. Yes that is on a hill I regret.

Just 2/3rd of a km from the site is a massive E'Leclerc store (even has a McDonalds in the grounds and cheap petrol station)... there is the usual other supermarkets just down the road as well. A carwash that has a bay for motorhomes that dispenses at €2 hot water.. ...carries the hose over the roof of the motorhome so it is easy to do the otherside.

The site is very popular with Brits enroute to the Sun.. although we intend to use it for a base this year to go out with our car (on a trailer) to see the area.

Last years ACIS site number 974... Neufchatel-en-Bray it is 1 km from the A28 and about 2 hours from Calais and 44 km from Dieppe... in the Rouen direction. is located on 400 mtrs of rive with fine views.. down side the church bells go at 7 a.m across the field on the other side of the small bordering river... this year it was €11 a night.

Big towns within an hour are Rousen and also Amiens where we use the vet €29 to do the dog before we come home.

A well recommended site for the less mobile. Plus a great little town for a stop over or longer stay.

Bob

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
So for the benefit of non-ACSI members, what is the site called Bob ?

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The non ACIS details are

The none ACIS details are:

Camping Sainte Claire
Rue Saint Claire
Neufchatel-en-Bray
F76270
Haute-Normandie (Seine-Martime)

+ 33 (0) 2- 35930393
opens 1st April to late October
email francelot@wanadoo.fr

Yes it can handle RV's .. even the longest wide gate way with left hand swing from a smaller two way road. bottom road goes round in a loop and there are some drive in drive out plots and some on hard standing.. water stands and electric tree's between every other pitch.. uses the old continental 2 pin plug in the tree.. found most of them had one fitted.. but we always carry one just in case. Reasonable apple trees for shade and well trimmed back high up.

Just watch out for the ducks...

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The ducks are OK, it's the duck poo that I find annoying!

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
A small family waddles about the site

The ducks are OK, it's the duck poo that I find annoying!

Having been to this site serveral times... i do wonder if it is the same ducks.. normally 5 or 6 waddles about all over the site.. campers provide bread so they hang about... did not see any duck poo

Bob

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi, any details on the vet used please. We got stung for 49 euros by a vet in Troyes this year!!!
Regards, Weejohnw:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Not the same ducks at all Bob, the ones I refer to were actually on a CL-ish place we went to in Norfolk once, it was dotted round the place.

Well - they have to do it somewhere, and there were also plenty of windfall apples at the time so I spose ... LOL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back