Good price - Pre-loaded Three sims with unlimited calls, texts & data (1 Viewer)

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Well wish this was about last August I’m but throat tied into a 24 month £21 a month contract.

If this is about in 14 months I’ll defo get one, shame you couldn't buy one now, not activate it until when you need it.

Sent the seller a message regarding delaying using the SIM card and this is his answer:

“The sim card comes already already activated, but your 36 months start counting as soon as you insert the sim inside your phone and start using it. At the same time you can leave it open for upto 6-10 months without using it, and then when you are ready to use”.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ok Minxy, I am in my phone contract (sim only) for about another 16 months so if you would be so kind as to advise,
do all the sims work in a mifi,
can they also be used in a phone
He's selling phone and data only sims so you need to be careful which you buy. As to whether they will work in phones and MIFIs that's something you'll have to ask as some providers have restrictions even though this was supposed to be stopped.

Which is best for uk and abroad (longest roaming, ease of use, less restrictions etc)
I wish I knew! :LOL: There are so many variables such as how much data you need in the UK and abroad, how much and for how long you can use it abroad etc, I'm afraid that you need to do the donkey work as the offers do change. For example ID mobile allow you to use 12gb of data abroad (Europe/EU) per month (can't remember how many months) and if you buy a sim from them via Broken Link Removed and do redemption cashback you can get good sized data options of 50gb pcm or 100gb, 50g pcm works out at £7.50 a month and 100gb pcm works out at £9.00 a month. If you need less data there are other options too, but if you want unlimited then obviously that will cost more and the deals vary accordingly. I did look at Fonehouse.co.uk but unfortunately all their providers charge for roaming so no good. There's also a couple of other new resellers too but their deals aren't any better than mobiles.co.uk who have been around a long time so well established.

Any other considerations
How long's a piece of string between two cans? :giggle:

Sorry but I’ve been meaning to buy since my last posting but I seem to have become very indecisive in my old age, I will buy one today, for mifi in first instance and start streaming in my van

Help and advice ( make the decision for me) much appreciated
Cheers Simon
The above is my take on things but as with all deals/contracts etc I'm afraid it's up to the person who's buying to confirm the details, ensure they are happy with them, and make the decision for themselves, I'm well versed but not an expert and don't want you coming round to beat me up! :oops:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
He's selling phone and data only sims so you need to be careful which you buy. As to whether they will work in phones and MIFIs that's something you'll have to ask as some providers have restrictions even though this was supposed to be stopped.

I wish I knew! :LOL: There are so many variables such as how much data you need in the UK and abroad, how much and for how long you can use it abroad etc, I'm afraid that you need to do the donkey work as the offers do change. For example ID mobile allow you to use 12gb of data abroad (Europe/EU) per month (can't remember how many months) and if you buy a sim from them via Broken Link Removed and do redemption cashback you can get good sized data options of 50gb pcm or 100gb, 50g pcm works out at £7.50 a month and 100gb pcm works out at £9.00 a month. If you need less data there are other options too, but if you want unlimited then obviously that will cost more and the deals vary accordingly. I did look at Fonehouse.co.uk but unfortunately all their providers charge for roaming so no good. There's also a couple of other new resellers too but their deals aren't any better than mobiles.co.uk who have been around a long time so well established.

How long's a piece of string between two cans? :giggle:

The above is my take on things but as with all deals/contracts etc I'm afraid it's up to the person who's buying to confirm the details, ensure they are happy with them, and make the decision for themselves, I'm well versed but not an expert and don't want you coming round to beat me up! :oops:
I'm well versed but not an expert and don't want you coming round to beat me up!

It’s true, I do have a Black Belt in Origami but the club folded so I don’t bother anymore, and the last thing I beat up was six eggs this morning for scrambled eggs. I am now what may be described as a pacifist who gets angry now and again but uses his quick wit and repartee to defuse potentially confrontational situations a bit like like Big Ears, when Noddy kept asking questions his retort was, “Feck Off bell head”:eek: I have never bothered with cash back as it seems a massive faff, maybe I should try. Do the phone sims not work in a mifi? I think someone mentioned preiviously that certain types of message cost a bomb, EE have stuffed me a couple of times with that,

Wanted
Uk Mifi sim, cheap, loads of data, can be used in a phone, and roaming abroad no faff, good to go.
Answers on a postcard by midnight tonight(y)Cheers and thanks for that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I can confirm that the Vodaphone sim worked in my iphone perfectly and indeed works perfectly in my motorhome MiFi.

It’s streaming faultless on the east coast of Yorkshire which has been a bit of a bad spot in the past for us.

I bloody don’t half wish i’d have bought 3 of them 😢

Al

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Do the phone sims not work in a mifi?
It’s streaming faultless on the east coast of Yorkshire which has been a bit of a bad spot in the past for us.
I too can confirm that the Vodafone sim worked in my phone, and is now a permanent installation in the MiFi, which in a terrible signal area in South Cambs this weekend, still worked effortlessly......................apart from streaming. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just a heads up on this, the 25% discount is back for funsters however the currently offered sims are for UK use so do not have a roaming allowance for use abroad so will be subject to the daily charge of £2 to use them abroad - please read the listings fully before committing to buying one.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Heads up that the discount when using my name is now reduced to 5% again, I don't know what the current prices of the sims are (or if they include EU roaming etc) so check them out carefully before purchase.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
I use £35 for 24Gb data from Amazon which roams happily (using one now actually)

Edit: I was just about to buy another and checked my "normal" mobile contract, ID mobile, which is/was 4gb (with rollover) and unlimited calls/texts for £6 - and they are offering 12Gb data (with rollover) and unlmited calls/texts for £7/m instead - so actually better for me to do that! Its been working and roaming very well indeed. (Hmm - though if I do that I can't use my router and long range aerial...... Decisions decisions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I use £35 for 24Gb data from Amazon which roams happily (using one now actually)

Edit: I was just about to buy another and checked my "normal" mobile contract, ID mobile, which is/was 4gb (with rollover) and unlimited calls/texts for £6 - and they are offering 12Gb data (with rollover) and unlmited calls/texts for £7/m instead - so actually better for me to do that! Its been working and roaming very well indeed. (Hmm - though if I do that I can't use my router and long range aerial...... Decisions decisions.
I've got an ID sim from Mobiles.co.uk which give me 50gb of data, 12gb roaming and unlimited calls/tests for £7.50 a month after cashback, if you decide to do so then go via Topcashback for 'sim only deals' and you'll get £10 for doing so:

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
I've got an ID sim from Mobiles.co.uk which give me 50gb of data, 12gb roaming and unlimited calls/tests for £7.50 a month after cashback, if you decide to do so then go via Topcashback for 'sim only deals' and you'll get £10 for doing so:

Thats *very* good.
I'm wary of these providers doing their own cashback deals - but am aware they tend to work. Not seen that one though - amazing price.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Yes as much as you won’t in the uk and 12gb aboard if you got the right sim from him

I’ve used about 100gb last month

I only paid £71.75 for a 3 year sim = £1.99 a month

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Yes as much as you won’t in the uk and 12gb aboard if you got the right sim from him

I’ve used about 100gb last month

I only paid £71.75 for a 3 year sim = £1.99 a month
I was late dipping into our Mindy eBay special.
My per month is £2.65 but now we just get 5% off the item 🤔

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Just had a three sim delivered today, used minxygirl discount

Prepaid Sim £720 Preloaded Credit. Unlimited Data Only £125 for 36 Months and received cashback sum of £31.25 so £93.75 in total. Haven’t put it in my mifi yet and don’t understand why if it’s unlimited why it says £720 Preloaded Credit :unsure: Anyone know?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
A bit slow ordering but cheers Minxy (y)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Well, it took me a while, but I’ve gone for it! It means I can reduce the data on my phone, so in effect I’m getting the sim for free! 😂😂

iceburnmarko

Free Member
Jun 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just-looking
Just had a three sim delivered today, used minxygirl discount

Prepaid Sim £720 Preloaded Credit. Unlimited Data Only £125 for 36 Months and received cashback sum of £31.25 so £93.75 in total. Haven’t put it in my mifi yet and don’t understand why if it’s unlimited why it says £720 Preloaded Credit :unsure: Anyone know?
720 / 36 = £20 per month aka official full unlimited sim is £20 a month.

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
Thinking of splashing out and getting three, one for my phone, one for Josh's and one for the mifi. Has anyone successfully ported their numbers (I'm currently with Giffgaff, he's with Smarty - part of 3!). Thanks for the info all!!!

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I find the 3 network very slow when compared to Vodafone , Tesco or EE. The upload and download speeds are nowhere near the others.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I find the 3 network very slow when compared to Vodafone , Tesco or EE. The upload and download speeds are nowhere near the others.
Hubby has one of these Three sims and he's just said the opposite, ie it's better than Vodafone.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Guess it depends on location. It was a lot slower for us in Devon Cornwall, Lincoln & the Peak District recently. Think we were only getting 2-4mb/s on download speeds.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018

I think a lot depends on where you are tbh, I found a 3 Smarty sim I had in my router to be ok in most places, as soon as we got to the Yorks east coast it was terrible, so when I ordered one of these pre loaded sims I chose the Vodaphone one for that reason and its much better on the east coast.

I wish he did the same deal on EE as thats supposed to be the best coverage, until someone tells us different of course :LOL:

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
I think a lot depends on where you are tbh, I found a 3 Smarty sim I had in my router to be ok in most places, as soon as we got to the Yorks east coast it was terrible, so when I ordered one of these pre loaded sims I chose the Vodaphone one for that reason and its much better on the east coast.

I wish he did the same deal on EE as thats supposed to be the best coverage, until someone tells us different of course :LOL:
Not around here where I live EE and 3 signals are non existent.
I contacted the seller today and hopefully they will have the Vodafone Sims in again next month.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
May invest in the Vodafone one, will need to see if the speeds are capped first.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've had the 'Ezekiel' Vodafone SIM since February and have not experienced any speed issues so far.
I've been using the Ezikiel Vodaphone one in the MiFi for a for a couple of months now, with no buffering at all, even in weak signal areas. I wish I had bought 2 x Vodafone sims from him. :(
In France, I found Three to be hit and miss, whereas with the last Vodafone 100Gb per month sim, there was never a problem and excellent signal quality all the time in Spain.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Evening

He's getting Vodafone sims back in next month as I messaged and asked about them as he use to have them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back