Fighting to keep a much loved motorhome going (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2011
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
PVC WildAx
Exp
Since 2007
I'm new to all this and doing my best as a dumbo computer user but here we go!

I was given a tip to join this community as I have a few little snags with my much loved Burstner Mobil, a G reg!! I love it. The washroom tap is driving me mad as it drips and we can't find a washer!! It might be the end of the road for the tap! As it's so old we are having trouble as it is obsolete. Does anyone know of a contact worth trying?

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
leaking tap

hi welcome to the funsters .try olearys motorhomes he always has a large selection of bathroom fittings and loads of taps .hope u get sorted and still enjoy the life of campers.:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Welcome also from us

Welcome from us also.. hope you will like the forum and get the information you need. I would suggest you consider a membership tand pay the £10 subs, allows you lots of access to other members as some very worth while discounts from various dealers.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
welcome to the mad house you should try some of the motor home caravan breakers their is one in castelford west Yorkshire and thay will even send it to you there on the net if not pm me and i will get there no for you:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
http://www.caktanks.co.uk/

Their web site is a bit long winded as you have to look at the catalogue online, find the part number and then look it up in another section.. Best just send for a free catalogue to come in the post..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Beat me to it !! Cak Tanks.. one of the biggest suppliers of such parts :thumb:

But !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can take a picture ( of the tap !! ) and email it to me ( straightfour@aol.com ) I have a couple of older type taps left over from when I did a refurb on our previous van

If they are the same you are most welcome to what you need FOC ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Amazingly Brian the taps in question are not like any of those on any of the links !

But ... Looking at the pictures I believe the taps in question are rebuildable and rely on o rings rather than washers to seal with :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I'm new to all this and doing my best as a dumbo computer user but here we go!

I was given a tip to join this community as I have a few little snags with my much loved Burstner Mobil, a G reg!! I love it. The washroom tap is driving me mad as it drips and we can't find a washer!! It might be the end of the road for the tap! As it's so old we are having trouble as it is obsolete. Does anyone know of a contact worth trying?

I know who gave you the tip to join this site Camper Sue!

A warning to all you dodgy Funsters out there...

Help this lady with courtesy and proper behaviour or my people will be onto you... she is family ok?

JJ :Cool:

PS. Is it a micro switch operating tap? (are there wires running to the tap under the kitchen top?)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Tis ok JJ.. this is well in hand mate :thumb:

Chain the rotty back up again !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements