Update on my thread on touring in France at the moment (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just thought I would give you an update on travelling through France at the moment....

Well we left home in the early part of October...Pas de Calais ..... And travelled though all these other regions...Picardie,......Haute Normandy,....Centre, .....limousin,.....Mid Pyrenees, ...Languedoc-Roussillon, back to the mid Pyrenees, ......Aquitane and now in the Poitou-Charente region, Now on the Aire called Mortagne sur Gironde,.... and covered 50+ Aires on the trip up to press
We have had a good trip and great weather all of the time except when we hit the Med... travelling along the Mediterranean coast towards Frejus,Cannes, St tropez,......After we passed through the city of Carcassonne....everything turned bad....no sorry one good day out of two weeks storms Lightning rain and wind than never seemed to stop very bad winds hurricane force and the South of France was put on orange/Red alert (about 8oo million euros was he early damage estimated)Flooding everywhere...BUT it was still warm... it was very bad bad weather... after two weeks it just got too bad to travel with flooding everywhere, so we cut our losses and headed back to the Atlantic and the Dordogne region taking our time getting there.....as soon as we cleared Carcassonne the weather started to change for the better and after Toulouse we was back into good weather hot sunny days cool and some cold nights around 10c .....Never had any problems getting water from the start and still getting water now:thumb: 20/11/2011......been on about 4 Aires of free electric ...we have only been on three Pay Aires rest have been free....but we did stop on one ACSI site that was rated as a 4 star camp site and paid 32.40 euros for two nights we had to stop there as the weather was so bad in the Camargue area....the most boggy land I have seen and under a lot of water....well 4 star Acsi campsite…. under water most of the time,...:Angry:...grubby, Dirty, I would have rated it at minus 4 star :Angry:...terrible oh yes it had a swimming pool but so did the rest of the campsite as it was under water, you could not get to the beach as it was heavily fortified and locked with heavy chains and pad locks...that is if you could stand up in the windy conditions:ROFLMAO:.Toiletts seen better and cleaner on Aires I will say there was plenty of them...but most of them closed also the showers:Eeek: we did not use any of showers or toiletts…. used our own on-board all the time as we do normaly .....so apart from the terror on the Med we have a good trip with two more weeks to go....

Well not a lot to tell you....we are still on the Aire at the Marina Mortagne sur Garonde...this is the link.... http://www.ot-mortagne.com/ ....been here 3 nights and will be stopping another two nights excellent site...been here many times before ....normally in the summer with a few more motorhomes here...although still quite a few but not packed.....this Aire cost's 7.20 euros per night with or without electric 16amp,( its still the same price)...water free and drop off and to empty toilet cassette at the other side of the marina, although on many of the electric points have two taps for drinking water,
We asked the attendant that collects the fee's is there water and Electric on all through the winter as we are coming back this way around Christmas..(We may stop in France or may go onto Portugal or Spain depending on the weather) well this what he said..Electric...all the time....water most of the time (only turned if it is frozen or risk of freezing)

Weather yesterday late afternoon 21c outside the motorhome...24.4:Cool: inside the MH with all the doors and windows open....the late evening/night 15c.....today a little over cast and cooler 14.9c outside and 19.5 inside the motorhome but we still have the hab door t open all the time and in shorts and polo shirt so its not that bad and the sun is coming out:thumb.... Moving onto "Ile de Re" in two or three days time then heading towards Mayenne... we are now starting to head slowly home:cry:

Mel:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just thought I would give you an update on travelling through France at the moment....

Well we left home in the early part of October...Pas de Calais ..... And travelled though all these other regions...Picardie,......Haute Normandy,....Centre, .....limousin,.....Mid Pyrenees, ...Languedoc-Roussillon, back to the mid Pyrenees, ......Aquitane and now in the Poitou-Charente region, Now on the Aire called Mortagne sur Gironde,.... and covered 50+ Aires on the trip up to press
We have had a good trip and great weather all of the time except when we hit the Med... travelling along the Mediterranean coast towards Frejus,Cannes, St tropez,......After we passed through the city of Carcassonne....everything turned bad....no sorry one good day out of two weeks storms Lightning rain and wind than never seemed to stop very bad winds hurricane force and the South of France was put on orange/Red alert (about 8oo million euros was he early damage estimated)Flooding everywhere...BUT it was still warm... it was very bad bad weather... after two weeks it just got too bad to travel with flooding everywhere, so we cut our losses and headed back to the Atlantic and the Dordogne region taking our time getting there.....as soon as we cleared Carcassonne the weather started to change for the better and after Toulouse we was back into good weather hot sunny days cool and some cold nights around 10c .....Never had any problems getting water from the start and still getting water now:thumb: 20/11/2011......been on about 4 Aires of free electric ...we have only been on three Pay Aires rest have been free....but we did stop on one ACSI site that was rated as a 4 star camp site and paid 32.40 euros for two nights we had to stop there as the weather was so bad in the Camargue area....the most boggy land I have seen and under a lot of water....well 4 star Acsi campsite…. under water most of the time,...:Angry:...grubby, Dirty, I would have rated it at minus 4 star :Angry:...terrible oh yes it had a swimming pool but so did the rest of the campsite as it was under water, you could not get to the beach as it was heavily fortified and locked with heavy chains and pad locks...that is if you could stand up in the windy conditions:ROFLMAO:.Toiletts seen better and cleaner on Aires I will say there was plenty of them...but most of them closed also the showers:Eeek: we did not use any of showers or toiletts…. used our own on-board all the time as we do normaly .....so apart from the terror on the Med we have a good trip with two more weeks to go....

Well not a lot to tell you....we are still on the Aire at the Marina Mortagne sur Garonde...this is the link.... http://www.ot-mortagne.com/ ....been here 3 nights and will be stopping another two nights excellent site...been here many times before ....normally in the summer with a few more motorhomes here...although still quite a few but not packed.....this Aire cost's 7.20 euros per night with or without electric 16amp,( its still the same price)...water free and drop off and to empty toilet cassette at the other side of the marina, although on many of the electric points have two taps for drinking water,
We asked the attendant that collects the fee's is there water and Electric on all through the winter as we are coming back this way around Christmas..(We may stop in France or may go onto Portugal or Spain depending on the weather) well this what he said..Electric...all the time....water most of the time (only turned if it is frozen or risk of freezing)

Weather yesterday late afternoon 21c outside the motorhome...24.4:Cool: inside the MH with all the doors and windows open....the late evening/night 15c.....today a little over cast and cooler 14.9c outside and 19.5 inside the motorhome but we still have the hab door t open all the time and in shorts and polo shirt so its not that bad and the sun is coming out:thumb.... Moving onto "Ile de Re" in two or three days time then heading towards Mayenne... we are now starting to head slowly home:cry:

I forgot to Mention the free WIFI..........:Doh::thumb: silly me..... its my age... I am getting a dozey B*gger sorry

Mel

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Its ok Funsters, I am on the case, photographs to follow, SOON...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Its ok Funsters, I am on the case, photographs to follow, SOON...

HEY!!!!!Dave.....what mine!!....what about if I am on some wanted poster :Doh:...you will have to draw a moustache and dark frames around my eyes....a ring in my nose...maybe a few onions round my neck on the photo..as a disguise.:Cool:..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Last edited:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Mel a great encouragement, think we might have a look at that route in a year or so's time.
Do you have any pic. you could share? Would be interested. Am following Ken's blog with great interest.

How did you solve the expensive internet connection - did you just rely on free WiFi?

Norman

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks Mel a great encouragement, think we might have a look at that route in a year or so's time.
Do you have any pic. you could share? Would be interested. Am following Ken's blog with great interest.

How did you solve the expensive internet connection - did you just rely on free WiFi?

Norman

Norman we live in France and on a orange dongle...12 month contract.15 euros for 200 mb + 200 mb at the weekend per month......I can tell you NOT that good...you waste many mb's trying to onto the internet....many times on "E" or less and so slow...ok on 3g if available try looking at SFR heard they have better results.

Yes I think you would like it here, one van like your photo in your avatar has just left this morning

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Norman

Norman ...look at my Picasa wed photo link below I have just sent a few photo of here for you...

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back