Ok we are here , got to turn round now (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Have a look at the menu at Antrobus Arms in Antrobus. If you like meat (i do) good selection.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Have a look at the menu at Antrobus Arms in Antrobus. If you like meat (i do) good selection.
Has it changed hands? Last time we went in we got a club sandwich with a green mould dressing all over it and Fish and chips still frozen in the middle not been back since!

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Honfleur is very attractive , very expensive - small beer and a bottle of water = 9.50 euros 5 years ago

once biten twice shy - I won't be back!

It's what we came for, actually not too bad, 50 euros for two with a bottle of wine although Julie had the chicken.

No different to a decent pub meal in UK.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Has it changed hands? Last time we went in we got a club sandwich with a green mould dressing all over it and Fish and chips still frozen in the middle not been back since!
To be honest not eaten in there. Only been in the once for a pint and looked at the menu in surprise. It's about 15/20 mins from us.
Disappointing to hear your story. How long ago was that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Can be quite reasonable providing you don't eat or drink on the harbour front, you only make that mistake once.
Same in a lot of places. Two streets back the prices will be lower and most likely better food and friendlier.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Still not seen many Brits, there was two other UK vans on honfluer, but never saw anyone in them, and they didn't make themselves known so can't be funsters as you can't miss us.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Horse steak is better then beef steak, much leaner… I have trouble catching them though, a lot faster then cows…😎
I can't for the life of me see why we don't eat horses or even dogs, why throw good meat away when people are starving.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I can't for the life of me see why we don't eat horses or even dogs, why throw good meat away when people are starving.
I think many of the starving do eat them.
My Mum told me that gypsies pack hedgehogs in clay and roast them.

P.S.
Oh, and I once had roast badger in Belgium.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have shown this before but it is one of the two horse meat stalls on bourbourg market, they queue for ages to get some.
20180612_100814.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Still not seen many Brits, there was two other UK vans on honfluer, but never saw anyone in them, and they didn't make themselves known so can't be funsters as you can't miss us.
There were 4 other Brit vans on this CCP aire near Limoges last night. The most we've seen anywhere, in fact we've hardly seen any but then this is close to a main route south. They've all moved on now. One I spoke to was on his way to Spain. I suspect the others were probably outbound as well.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Make the most of it chaser. As you've said a number of times before, "this will probably be our last trip to France". ;);););)
You know what mate this trip has brought it all back, and you forget over two years of not coming what it is like over here, as long as this old van keeps running I don't think we are at the end yet.
For Anyone who was feeling the same, all I can say is get over here, or even people who are thinking of coming for the first time just get here before it all changes.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
To add to my post above the bloke we spoke to has been coming here for years on his trips to Spain. He say CCP are only the latest owner of this aire. He remembers at least two other operators but when he first came here it was free.

Good place anyway, the Lac de Saint Perdoux is yards away and lunch minutes away. I echo chaser 's comment. France is worth visiting.

PXL_20220514_113101557.jpg

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Good place anyway, the Lac de Saint Perdoux is yards away and lunch minutes away. I echo chaser 's comment. France is worth visiting.
All my touring is 'over there' and tbh my heart sinks on the rare occasions that I'm obliged to plan/book a trip in the U.K. to attend family or particular events.
It helps that I have only a 20 mile drive to get to France. :)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All my touring is 'over there' and tbh my heart sinks on the rare occasions that I'm obliged to plan/book a trip in the U.K. to attend family or particular events.
It helps that I have only a 20 mile drive to get to France. :)
The a50 M1 M25 m.20 is the worst part but from where we live you have to do so much of it to get anywhere interesting in UK anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back