Touring in France at the moment (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just thought I would give you an update on travelling through France at the moment....

Well we left home in the early part of October...Pas de Calais ..... And travelled though all these other regions...Picardie,......Haute Normandy,....Centre, .....limousin,.....Mid Pyrenees, ...Languedoc-Roussillon, back to the mid Pyrenees, ......Aquitane and now in the Poitou-Charente region, Now on the Aire called Mortagne sur Gironde,.... and covered 50+ Aires on the trip up to press
We have had a good trip and great weather all of the time except when we hit the Med... travelling along the Mediterranean coast towards Frejus,Cannes, St tropez,......After we passed through the city of Carcassonne....everything turned bad....no sorry one good day out of two weeks storms Lightning rain and wind than never seemed to stop very bad winds hurricane force and the South of France was put on orange/Red alert (about 8oo million euros was he early damage estimated)Flooding everywhere...BUT it was still warm... it was very bad bad weather... after two weeks it just got too bad to travel with flooding everywhere, so we cut our losses and headed back to the Atlantic and the Dordogne region taking our time getting there.....as soon as we cleared Carcassonne the weather started to change for the better and after Toulouse we was back into good weather hot sunny days cool and some cold nights around 10c .....Never had any problems getting water from the start and still getting water now:thumb: 20/11/2011......been on about 4 Aires of free electric ...we have only been on three Pay Aires rest have been free....but we did stop on one ACSI site that was rated as a 4 star camp site and paid 32.40 euros for two nights we had to stop there as the weather was so bad in the Camargue area....the most boggy land I have seen and under a lot of water....well 4 star Acsi campsite…. under water most of the time,...:Angry:...grubby, Dirty, I would have rated it at minus 4 star :Angry:...terrible oh yes it had a swimming pool but so did the rest of the campsite as it was under water, you could not get to the beach as it was heavily fortified and locked with heavy chains and pad locks...that is if you could stand up in the windy conditions:ROFLMAO:.Toiletts seen better and cleaner on Aires I will say there was plenty of them...but most of them closed also the showers:Eeek: we did not use any of showers or toiletts…. used our own on-board all the time as we do normaly .....so apart from the terror on the Med we have a good trip with two more weeks to go....

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Grim.

Why not forward your report to ACSI.

Yes you are correct Brian.....but as there was not many days left before it closed for the season we put it down to that, and said we would make allowances:Eeek::Angry:..Dirty is no excuse as there were people there to keep the site clean... But Point taken Brian.....I will stick to Aires in the future unless highly recomended:thumb::winky:

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Come back to Doncaster Mel it's been mild of late lol :roflmto:

Yeh but how long for.... sithie I know Donny it is just a blip:winky: No just kidding it was always good weather there as you are in the tropics...very close to the Equator...I bet you are as brown as a berry....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Aug 6, 2011
Chester-le-Street, UK
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640 GtRb
Exp
since 2011
Hi, Thanks for info re Aires, are most accessible throughout winter? When we were tugging we had a problem of where to pitch up....sounds as though it will be a lot easier now.:Smile:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi, Thanks for info re Aires, are most accessible throughout winter? When we were tugging we had a problem of where to pitch up....sounds as though it will be a lot easier now.:Smile:

We have found some water on and some water turned off over the winter period it depends what part of France you are staying in...and how cold it is ....but all or most of the aires are open unlike the campsites...and don't forget you can get bottled water from the supermarkets at around 13 /15c per 2 ltre::bigsmile:

Mel

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I thought the max you could pay on an ACSI site was 15 euro or have I read the book wrong? sorry about the horrible weather you are having as its nice here.
I was really jealous at everyone going to france as we cannot go yet due to problems with the pooch but I am feeling a bit better now with the weather situation sorry about that:RollEyes: I'm not wishing bad weather on you.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I thought the max you could pay on an ACSI site was 15 euro or have I read the book wrong? sorry about the horrible weather you are having as its nice here.
I was really jealous at everyone going to france as we cannot go yet due to problems with the pooch but I am feeling a bit better now with the weather situation sorry about that:RollEyes: I'm not wishing bad weather on you.

Hi ...Yes 15 euros the rest was + 2.40 euros TAX:Eeek::cry:

We are having excellent weather it was just those two weeks on the Med...so yes you are missing the good weather
Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back