Recommended MOT Stations in/near to Aberdeen (1 Viewer)

greggzy001

Free Member
Sep 17, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, can any of you Aberdeen Locals recommend a suitable 'trustworthy' garage in the area to MOT my Swift 6 berth (7m long). I could call round the garages but I'm really looking for a recommendation.
Thanks
Gregg::bigsmile:riving2:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi, can any of you Aberdeen Locals recommend a suitable 'trustworthy' garage in the area to MOT my Swift 6 berth (7m long). I could call round the garages but I'm really looking for a recommendation.
Thanks

My God your asking a lot, "Trustworthy". Thats like asking a politician to be honest, but I wish you luck.

Doug...

OP
OP
greggzy001

greggzy001

Free Member
Sep 17, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2011
I know......hence the question.........I've got a great local garage near me which does all of my car servicing/MOT's etc but he cant get the MH in the workshop :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I know......hence the question.........I've got a great local garage near me which does all of my car servicing/MOT's etc but he cant get the MH in the workshop :cry:

Well I'm at the other end of the country but I would try and be present when the dreaded event takes place and tell them before they start not to over rev the engine on the exhaust test, I had one young man floor the peddle and blow the seals on the turbo charger £850.00!!! I kid you not.

Doug...

OP
OP
greggzy001

greggzy001

Free Member
Sep 17, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2011
Great! This kind of story is exactly why I'm asking for a recommendation, especially for a garage with a bit of MH experience. If it's gonna happen, it'll happen to me! Ha ha.
Cheers
Gregg
:Doh:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks

Gregg,
I live in Fraserburgh just 40 miles north of you; I have used Ruxtons and found them to be great, reliable, and inexpensive. Hope this helps.

Norman

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Your local council MOT centre is the answer.. they did the MOTs on my 8.5ton, 36ft RV.

By law these test centres (though not taxi or Crown stations) must be open to the general public, and as they generally only carry out tests and don't do repairs, there's no incentive for mechanics to find faults that don't exist.

see map and locations....

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot#hidden

In Aberdeen

Powis Terrace AB25 3RF
Powis Terrace, Kittybrewster, Aberdeen

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggzy001

greggzy001

Free Member
Sep 17, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the help guys! It'll be Ruxtons in Fraserburgh or the Local Council - Assuming they haven't shut the Council MOT station because of cutbacks! :ROFLMAO:
Chhers
Gregg

OP
OP
greggzy001

greggzy001

Free Member
Sep 17, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2011
Gregg,
I live in Fraserburgh just 40 miles north of you; I have used Ruxtons and found them to be great, reliable, and inexpensive. Hope this helps.

Norman

Norman, thanks for this recommendation, I really have been stung with some garages in the past but as I'm a newbie MH owner with her first MOT looming I really appreciate the help. I may very well travel up to 'the Brough' for MOT day.
Thanks again
Gregg:thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
When I phoned my local Council MOT station earlier in the year, the earliest appointment was 2 weeks hence.............:Eeek:

So I Googled van MOT stations in my local area........................:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back