Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
A friend of mine has got a problem (Posted below) with which I have no idea how to help him. Any ideas?

"just to remind you what happened, I connected the Leisure battery the wrong way round and blew the 30A fuse.

The result being that I have lost the "Link" between the two batteries. e.g. when on mains I can only charge the leisure battery (not the engine battery)...... and when I run the engine I can only charge the engine battery (not the leisure battery)

So both the Calira and Engine chargers are working, the only problem is I have lost the "Link".
The problem being that if I stay for several days on a sites without 240V (e.g. at a show) the battery will run down, ok this is normal, but when I drive for a couple of hours up the road to another site the engine should charge the leisure battery but I now can't because I have lost or burnt out the "Link" "

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I would say he's a tw@t for connecting the battery the wrong way round in the first place, and therefore deserves endless pi$$-taking.

Alternatively, without a picture of the fusible link, it's impossible to recommend anything.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I would say he's a tw@t for connecting the battery the wrong way round in the first place, and therefore deserves endless pi$$-taking.

Alternatively, without a picture of the fusible link, it's impossible to recommend anything.

I'm sure the guy could do without the above. Let the one who is inocent cast the first stone.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Movin' on

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
Make model year would help a lot.

Any details on the mysterious "link".

Being the reserved and polite person that I am I think he's a plonker. Now a wiser plonker.
Thanks Brian, he owns a Knaus and I think it is an 08 model, unfurtunately he is not available to ask at the moment.
Adrian.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks Brian, he owns a Knaus and I think it is an 08 model, unfurtunately he is not available to ask at the moment.
Adrian.

Probably not good news then. The more modern the van the more complex the controls and the more he can destroy.

For anyone to have a chance of giving advice we need name/number of any electronics that might be involved.

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
Battery Charging Problems

Take heart I have seen this happen 4 times this week, don't laugh it's so easy to do if your not careful, you will probably find there is some damage to the intelligent control unit, all we need is the full vehicle details, then we can raise the right diagram, With this in place we can check the likely trouble point.

Once we have an idea, if you want to bring the van to our Campsite, then we can rectify the problem.

Good Luck Steve:thumb:

OP
OP
Movin' on

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks

Thanks for that Steve, unfortunately he lives in Somerset but I've forwarded your comments on to him. He tells me that his motorhome is a Knaus Van Ti 2008 on a Fiat Base with a Calira 616 charger.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back