The most Useless purchase for a MoHo (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2017
Newark
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coach built
Exp
Since 1993
Probably got to be the electric drop down bed, to make our 3 berth a 4, therefore easier to sell. Cost over a grand, 80kg off payload, and never used In eight years. Didn’t realise that the table bed made a 3/4 double, certainly big enough for a couple of kids or friendly adults! Also dealer omitted to say we would loose the “hydraulic” table leg, making the electric bed even more useless for anyone who can’t use the ladder safely!
Another example of a new model at show, with lack of dealer knowledge and training.
Trouble is now know what we need, it’s over 20k more expensive and probably 2 metres bigger than is practical for our use. So being more realistic best layout in a 7 metre, and it’s still another 10k. Does anyone know of a spare “hydraulic“ table leg, and does anyone need an unused drop down electric double!!!! 😅😂🤣

Nov 1, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 2013
One of thse stupid folding toast makers for the gas hob - made rubbish toast, but it made a better job of burning my fingers trying to take the thing off.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Not an extra as it came as standard. The shower duckboard. What's that all about. It stands in the shower till we get all dirty then we have to lift it out and put it somewhere until we get all clean, at which point we put it back in the shower until we are dirty enough for another shower.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't currently have a duck board, but in the one van I had one in, I assumed that you stood on it while you had a shower. It didn't like getting repeatedly wet and went manky so got rid of it.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
We use the duck board mainly to stop all the stuff we shove in the shower from scratching!
When we use shower ad a shower we put the board outside to dry.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I draw the line at anything being stored in the shower, but our shower is in daily use so shifting a load of crap in and out regularly would be irritating to say the least.
I am gradually educating swmbo that everything in a motorhome should have a place and it should be possible to drive off at any time without, for example, having to shift a bowl of tomatoes from table or worksurface.

Nov 1, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 2013
We use a ordinary 2 piece toaster when on EHU or the gas grill when not. Are we missing out on something?
Nope! Keep doing what you are doing! We've changed vans and now I have a proper grill - luxury! And no sore fingers!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I draw the line at anything being stored in the shower, but our shower is in daily use so shifting a load of crap in and out regularly would be irritating to say the least.
I am gradually educating swmbo that everything in a motorhome should have a place and it should be possible to drive off at any time without, for example, having to shift a bowl of tomatoes from table or worksurface.
I don't really agree with that.
Depending on destination, I might "store" my silver screen in the shower during travel... or maybe the wastehog.
These are items that I don't always use/carry and thus don't need permanent home... shower cubicle, perfect.

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
One of thse stupid folding toast makers for the gas hob - made rubbish toast, but it made a better job of burning my fingers trying to take the thing off.
It's all about technique - we have one and use it regularly. hold it up above the flame and toast more slowly, great results!

Deleted User
Spare loo cassette, not used it so far.....😁

SaltySeadog

Free Member
Oct 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Love my slow cooker and remoska which I can use outdoors and microwave. Things which have been a waste of money so far and bought “in case” Double skillet and ridge monkey!
Yep our ridge monkey is still in its original wrapping. Never used! Always carried! Why? Ask her!

SaltySeadog

Free Member
Oct 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Yep, our ridge monkey is still in original wrapper. Never used, always carried! Why? Ask her!

Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
Idiot pulled out into me when I was driving along A55 dual c/way last year. Hit me about midway & made a right mess of skirtings, bumper, mudguard etc. He was very apologetic, said it was his fault, told plods who turned up it was his fault. Next day got a call and email from his insurance NFU Mutual saying they accepted full liability so far so good. Two weeks later called NFU they said they were contesting the claim as his client now said I had pulled across into the inside lane and clipped him. What they didn’t know was that I had a dashcam running which clearly showed he was at fault. My insurance won the case, fully covered my repairs without loss of NCB or premium increase, and recovered my compulsory excess. Without the dashcam his story was plausible enough for at least 50/50. So the morals are 1. You might never need your dashcam but if you do you’ll be glad you’ve got it, and 2. Never trust the other party in an accident or their insurers to tell the truth.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Folding drainer it has holes in the bottom!

No use for me without a drainer!!
Put a tray under it! That's what I do, they are both stored together so never a hassle to get out/use. :giggle:

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Also bought scooter carrier, wife then decided she wouldn't ride on the back of a scooter !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back