Cost of fitting 'extras'? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Looking at a Fiat Dethleffs Clobetrotter Esprit 2007 but it does not have rear ladder or roof rails. Anyone have any info on who would make these and approx how much fitted?
Also no oven or grill - now hubby doesn't think this is of much importance :ROFLMAO: but it was on my wish list for the new van, how much to fit a small oven/grill?
Any other info on this van would be appreciated.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you give Glenn or Ian a ring on Monday, they will be able to give you all the answers, 01-580-883061 is the direct workshop line

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, that's one of the things we liked about our van, no ladder on it. :Smile: We looked at it as more secure and having high windows was a bonus. :roflmto:

At home I use a ladder to wash the roof, Jane did go out the roof light one day and give the solar panel a clean.......................but does not make a habit of it. :ROFLMAO:

Must agree about the oven, we like ours but you can manage without one, we have a slow cooker and Remoska and a lot of people use a double skillet, so it would not be the end of the world if we got a van without one, it would not put me off a van, and we would probably not bother fitting one.:winky: And we have found the grill are not that good.:Smile: Bob.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Looking at a Fiat Dethleffs Clobetrotter Esprit 2007 but it does not have rear ladder or roof rails. Anyone have any info on who would make these and approx how much fitted?
Also no oven or grill - now hubby doesn't think this is of much importance :ROFLMAO: but it was on my wish list for the new van, how much to fit a small oven/grill?
Any other info on this van would be appreciated.

If you are a competent DIYr then you should be able to do most of the work at a fraction of the cost , and some cracking deals on Ebay I paid ÂŁ90 for a brand new ladder on Ebay and fitted it myself to my Autotrail . If you are not go to a trusted dealer who should be able to sort you out .:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi aprox cost of NEW rack and ladder starting at ÂŁ150 up and ovens/grill start around ÂŁ250 upwards as for fitting how long is a bit of string :Smile:
terry

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Unless you REALLY need a ladder and roofrack, why bother with them, more holes to leak etc.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Yes we really need a ladder - hubby won't be able to get his canoe down from the roof otherwise:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Because of possibilty of leaks etc we would have the fitting done by proffesionals - most likely John Cross.
I have a remoska which I use at the moment but feel a fitted oven/grill would be better.
Thanks to all who have replied.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have yet to use any of the ovens fitted in any of our vans !
Current van we have owned coming up to 4 years now and oven has been lit once to make sure it works but never since !
All we use it as is a cupboard ... ( also fitted a microwave but after a couple of years got shot of that too.. Woman uses a halogen oven .. way less mess, easy to clean and cheap to run if you are on hookup

We use the Cadac for everything when not on hook up

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
we have the rack and ladder on ours from what i can see of it.
it could well be a fiamma rail and crossbar arrangement although ours has hymer stickers on it but dethleffs is part of hymer somewhere along the line.

you may not have room for an oven in yours depending on if it has the long drawers under the work top or the short ones.
ours has a spinflo oven under the left side of the worktop and 3 drawers to the right.
others i have seen have the silly dometic oven on top of the fridge which actually looks like its part of the fridge.

but im sure if anyone can supply and fit these for you Johns Cross will do a good job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back