Increedible

Free Member
Nov 16, 2011
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
First time to motorhomes and pick up my baby next Saturday. Trying to find the best way to arrange breakdown cover for this plus mine and my wifes figaro that is 20 plus years old (as is the VW Autotrail). Have got a quote from Adrian Flux for £260 which seems reasonable compared to Caravam Club. Any tips welcome!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and welcome.....

are you talking breakdown cover or insurance with breakdown cover.

that price doesnt sound out of the ordinary for motorhome insurance, and taking B/D cover with your insurance can be a cheap way compered to standalone B/D cover.

a popular B/D cover is with RAC Arrivals, any vehicle you travel in is covered, whether owned by you or not and joint cover is available, but you need to join the Camping and caravanning club to qualify.

OP
OP
I

Increedible

Free Member
Nov 16, 2011
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi and welcome.....

are you talking breakdown cover or insurance with breakdown cover.

that price doesnt sound out of the ordinary for motorhome insurance.

Whatever works out cheapest. I see people have suggested ADAC and Safeguard. I could do with something that covers the driver not the vehicle.
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Whatever works out cheapest. I see people have suggested ADAC and Safeguard. I could do with something that covers the driver not the vehicle.
Cheers
Yep !! thats what you get with Arrivals.

ADAC is the same, personal cover not the vehicle, and they do a 'family' option, also a lot cheaper than most uk companies.

they use the AA as their agents in the uk

a lot of B/D companies limit the weight to 3500kg but don't tell you that if you don't ask.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Just ring Barbara Laurens on 0049 941 55673 (Adac).
She speaks excellent English, is a good laugh, and your membership will be up and running in minutes. She will give you your membership numbers which you can use pending arrival of the paperwork (ours took about 6 days to arrive). PartnerPlus is the one to go for. YOU are covered in any vehicle up to 7500kgs, no age (of vehicle) restrictions. Vehicle does not have to be yours either. You'll be covered anywhere in Europe and most of North Africa for breakdowns and anywhere in the world for personal accident/illness etc.
You can use your debit card over the phone, no problems. She'll just need your dates of birth and address. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back