insurance Age limits (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Afternoon FUNsters :thumb:

My Mum and Dad (more my Mum) are looking at getting a van. Were taking them out around some of the dealers in South Wales and the west country this weekend to go have a look around, they are looking at something the size of a Autosleepers Exec

My question is to do with insurance and age...My dad Is 78 - but a very very fit and healthy 78 (he did a 10 day 'wilding' hike across the wilds of Scotland this year - the 5th year in a row!!)

is he likely to have problems with Insurance now, or when he hits 80 and beyond? any reccomendations on insurance companies for this age range??

and advice, info etc greatly appreciated..rather try and find out before hand...before Mum gets set on one...

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if your dad hasnt requested to keep his higher entitilment on his licence once he turned 70 he will be restricted to 3500kg max weight only, I think that is the most important thing to remember so check his licence as the grandfather rights expire at 70 unless you request to keep it and go for medicals to prove you are fit to keep it. I dont know if you can request to have it reinstated though once you have let it drop

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Early on this year we met a couple in a motorhome both in their 80s who found insurance with Saga but did state that when they hit 80 premiums went up and there were more health questions asked.

Rob

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
if your dad hasnt requested to keep his higher entitilment on his licence once he turned 70 he will be restricted to 3500kg max weight only, I think that is the most important thing to remember so check his licence as the grandfather rights expire at 70 unless you request to keep it and go for medicals to prove you are fit to keep it.

They are looking to stay on the small size - so definatley under the 3500Kg weight, so no worries there..although i am going to ask...just incase:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Couple of lady drivers on here knocking on a bit, believe one even has a 5er:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:reel: :whistle: :imoutahere: :hardhat:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Couple of lady drivers on here knocking on a bit, believe one even has a 5er:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

still waiting to see you on dangerous drivers - :RollEyes: youve done a similar mileage to me and im still on my originals, how many sets did you say you had had.

no good fishing here you'll only catch a shark that will bite you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007

Flamin' 'enry........talk about living dangerously :Eeek:

Id be carefull...if your insurance company finds out about how high a risk you could be they'll up your premiums considerably :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back