Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years
Not exactly Morecambe, but I believe you can stay overnight on the large carpark opposite Sainsbury's in Lancaster.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yes on Bryan (Admin) & Suzy's front drive:winky:

:ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not exactly Morecambe, but I believe you can stay overnight on the large carpark opposite Sainsbury's in Lancaster.

Not if that is Cable Street municipal car park. It is accessible to motorhomes but only short stay (up to 3 hours) and Lancaster Council don't allow sleeping in any of their car parks.

The private Winter Gardens car park allowed motorhomes (£3.00 for up to 12 hours) when we were there a couple of years ago but not sure if overnight sleeping is allowed.

Graham

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
last time i carried on abot 2-3 miles and there was a place on the left right next to the sea stayed overnight think you will find somewhere when we were there the other week we parked on the front didnt see any signs about

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Hiya,

Not been to Morecambe for a few years, but we use to wildcamp on the front over the railway crossing .
Drive along the seafront (keeping the sea on your left), as you come out the otherside of Morecambe the road bears right then left, then I think its 1st left go over the crossing and it opens out into a grass common :thumb:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I've seen MHs using the ASDA carpark although you may get hassle from the police who are cracking down on late night car tyre screeching.

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Hiya,

Not been to Morecambe for a few years, but we use to wildcamp on the front over the railway crossing .
Drive along the seafront (keeping the sea on your left), as you come out the otherside of Morecambe the road bears right then left, then I think its 1st left go over the crossing and it opens out into a grass common :thumb:

stopped here on friday night with no problems. when we got up in the morning there are signs saying no over night parking put know one bothered us

B

BuzzLand

Deleted User
Laissez-faire :)

I like it.

DUKEMAN358

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
HAMPSHIRE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
I'm off there next week first outing in the van so I'll check it out:Smile: Probably end up in travelodge:Doh:

Family in Morecambe but not lived there for many years. Someone on the thread mentioned over the railway crossing, well that is Hestbank and I do remember the no overnight camping signs. I'm guessing Heysham will also be ok. There are loads of travellers who mostlylive in houses now so that will be ironic:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm off there next week first outing in the van so I'll check it out:Smile: Probably end up in travelodge:Doh:

Family in Morecambe but not lived there for many years. Someone on the thread mentioned over the railway crossing, well that is Hestbank and I do remember the no overnight camping signs. I'm guessing Heysham will also be ok. There are loads of travellers who mostlylive in houses now so that will be ironic:winky:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Mor...orecambe,+Lancashire,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=19

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have stayed in the coach park at Morrisons recently. I have also stayed in Heysham docks in the coach park where you book in for the IOM ferry, and i have stayed at the far end of Morecambe on the left as the road swings right. Also, i believe, there is an old pub on the right as you come from Morecambe towards Heysham that will let you overnight if you are having a meal or a few beers. He has an American RV parked round the back. This is only hearsay though.

Craig

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
wild camping in morecambe

afternoon yosser,you can park between the old battery hotel and the staion pub,then anywhere up 2the end off the shops past clock tower allthe way 2 end of promanade.im wild camping at moment in a big layby,down heysham by pass,reason being i live in a holiday home,and ive got to be out for 6wks,so im using motorhome and my wife is booked in hotel with my lad.all the best THE BANDIT:thumb:::bigsmile:

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
wild camping morecambe

Evenin doc paul,I never park in aldi,you can park in the coach park at morrisons as long as you like,the manager does not mind as long as its kept tidy.You can park any where on the prom,as long as its not in front of the statue,i park up and down also in whitelund ind est.av a good w,end all the best THE BANDIT....................................AKA....Phil:thumb::Cool:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
talk about being brash parking just off the drive way to a caravan site:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They do that a lot in sheepcote valley Brighton!!!
Have seen some there for weeks on end, went there in november and then middle of feb and they were still there same ones.

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Tony G............Wild camping

:thumb::thumb:Afternoon Tony,well morecambe is wild when there is a south westerly wind blowing in off the sea.I counted 10 motorhomes parked on the prom last w,end.At the moment im in morrisons coach park.You av a good w,end,all the best THE BANDIT:thumb::Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back