Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
This is one of those "why didn't I think of that before....maybe everyone else did" ideas, so forgive me if it's obvious.

We always look to take adavantage of the Tesco 5p/litre if spending more than £50.00 offer - but we've now taken it a stage further. Average shop for us varies a lot, but on a weekly basis it's certainly more than £50.00.

We've found it very easy to now do our shopping in £50.00 "lumps" as it were, thus getting a maximum number of 5p off vouchers - and you can use more than one at a time, thus getting 10 or even 15p per litre off.

Now tell me you've all been doing this for ages.........:Doh:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I didn't know you could use more than one at once.
Thanks for that:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Now Bruno's gone I don't spend £50 a week on food stuff but sure love it when I do come across a voucher............:Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I filled up in Asda in Watford on Friday and Asda in Kendal on Sunday Both 128p per ltr.
Always the same lowest price in every store, how does that compare with Tesco the confidence tricksters:ROFLMAO:

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Sainsbury's are offering 10p off per litre when you spend £60

Totally true.

My good lady came in buzzing at lunch time because someone told her. She was running on vapours so she filled herself up (her car I mean) and saved a fortune.

I only wish I knew as stupid me forgot to fill up on Friday and the orange light came on half way down the M1. It came to £125 to fill the tank. Heck, my first car cost me less than that, and that came with a full tank of petrol ::bigsmile:

It cost me nearly £1.50 a litre on the M1 whereas it would have been less than £1.30 at Sainsbury's with that deal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I filled up in Asda in Watford on Friday and Asda in Kendal on Sunday Both 128p per ltr.
Always the same lowest price in every store, how does that compare with Tesco the confidence tricksters:ROFLMAO:

Bloody good price that Buttons :thumb:I just spent £40 and got 6p per ltr off at Morry's but it still worked out at just shy of £1.32 (diesel)-No Asda near to us for fuel :cry: but will bear it in mind on our travels
terry

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
From time to time Tesco also give a 5p/litre off voucher for buying certain items - about a month ago it was the orange juice that I usually buy anyway. So that's another way of getting your max 15p/litre off - saved me almost £9 on filling the tank. ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
This is one of those "why didn't I think of that before....maybe everyone else did" ideas, so forgive me if it's obvious.

We always look to take adavantage of the Tesco 5p/litre if spending more than £50.00 offer - but we've now taken it a stage further. Average shop for us varies a lot, but on a weekly basis it's certainly more than £50.00.

We've found it very easy to now do our shopping in £50.00 "lumps" as it were, thus getting a maximum number of 5p off vouchers - and you can use more than one at a time, thus getting 10 or even 15p per litre off.

Now tell me you've all been doing this for ages.........:Doh:

Yes we have been doing that for a while and i posted on here in July about being able to use 3 vouchers as thats when it started. (friend works in tesco petrol station)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i realise that all these 'spend X to get X off per liter' are nothing more than 'loss leaders' but it makes me think they could charge a slightly lower price across the board all the time.

a pity we dont have any supermarkets offering a reduced LPG price...i need 135 liters main tank and 100ltr in the domestic tank, now £23.50 is a saving, at sainsburys, worth having.

unfortunately these offers are usually restricted to 100ltrs per transaction :Sad:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks for the thread. I, too, did not realise you could use more than one voucher at a time... Cynically thought there would be small print saying this offer does not apply at the same time as other offers.

Ta very much.:Smile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
It cost me nearly £1.50 a litre on the M1 whereas it would have been less than £1.30 at Sainsbury's with that deal.

I thought a Yorkshireman would have done like I do when I'm stuck, put £20 in just to get him far enough to fill up off the motorway! :Doh:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
One other factor to consider is that as well as the 5p per litre off every £50 spent, you get Club Card Points on the shopping and the fuel, which we redeem against Channel Tunnel crossings. Bit safer than Sea France bookings at the moment :thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
i realise that all these 'spend X to get X off per liter' are nothing more than 'loss leaders' but it makes me think they could charge a slightly lower price across the board all the time.

a pity we dont have any supermarkets offering a reduced LPG price...i need 135 liters main tank and 100ltr in the domestic tank, now £23.50 is a saving, at sainsburys, worth having.

unfortunately these offers are usually restricted to 100ltrs per transaction :Sad:
i get LPG from morrisons £66.9/ltr plus 1P off for miles card
best price i have found around teesside:thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV

With your economical VW, Buttons, you must have spent around £1.70p to fill up! Hardly worth searching for the cheapest fuel.

Craig

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Cheapest near me :cry::cry::cry:

Link Removed 138.9p Tcs Wokingham
Finchampstead Road, Wokingham, RG40 2NS
Total, 1.37 miles away, last updated on 13 November

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
With your economical VW, Buttons, you must have spent around £1.70p to fill up! Hardly worth searching for the cheapest fuel.
Craig
I was actually driving my partners Astra 2ltr diesel, had cruise set @ 75mph on M1/M6 using 6th gear as much as possible total mileage 770 miles. Returned 57mpg overall.
The Astra is a fantastic car by the way. Roomy, very quick and very comfortable.:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
because i would'nt, if you are happy useing it carry on:thumb:
not for me:Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The dealership I use has all the evidence needed. Customers complaining of hard to start poor performance and several other fuel related problems are quite simply asked "where do you buy your fuel?"

The answer of course in every case was **** supermarket.

Convincing them all to buy their fuel at a major supplier Esso, Shell, Texaco etc and ignore the supermarkets is often the answer to their problems.

I have even seen the evidence. He has about four clear bottles, all labeled up and it is obvious that the supermarket fuel was the cause of there performance problems.

I have to admit that this case only applies to Petrol, not diesel, but my father switched from Tesco to the local Esso about 2p dearer and his problems melted away.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
The dealership I use has all the evidence needed. Customers complaining of hard to start poor performance and several other fuel related problems are quite simply asked "where do you buy your fuel?"

The answer of course in every case was **** supermarket.

Convincing them all to buy their fuel at a major supplier Esso, Shell, Texaco etc and ignore the supermarkets is often the answer to their problems.

I have even seen the evidence. He has about four clear bottles, all labeled up and it is obvious that the supermarket fuel was the cause of there performance problems.

I have to admit that this case only applies to Petrol, not diesel, but my father switched from Tesco to the local Esso about 2p dearer and his problems melted away.
and there is the reason above:thumb:
i do use the petrol from supermarkets ,but never the diesel:Eeek:

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Tesco fuel yesterday at Whitstable was 1.40.9 ---why dont they say 1.41 ???
Why are we the dearest Tesco :cry:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Twice i have broken down using Total fuel, and i am not the only one. I have never had a problem with supermarket fuel.

Craig

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Tesco fuel yesterday at Whitstable was 1.40.9 ---why dont they say 1.41 ???
Why are we the dearest Tesco :cry:

Cos there cant be any Asda, Sainsbury or Morrison competion close by:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back