Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Anyone else been having problems with Google Chrome not loading over the past few days, or is it me ?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
not right now but in the past yes, what I had to do was clear all cookies and bingo, normality restored:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Chrome is my choice of Browser at the mo, it seems to be the fastest right now, not yet experienced any problems on the mac version.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My choice too, working fine on desktop and Lappy. Time I cleared the cache though thanks for the reminder....Griff

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
No problem for me, its not possible for any browser to be slower than my BT broadband :Angry::Angry:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I like it a lot and working well at present....

I followed our leader (he who must be respected) recommendation a while ago and well pleased:Smile:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I gave up on Chrome.

I have an old (version 5) copy of Photoshop elements, and after lots of problems I eventually worked out that elements will not work if Chrome is installed. Uninstalling chrome fixed my problems with Elements. Must be some shared components / dlls that conflict. My other option would have been to pay for a later version of elements.

Otherwise chrome looked good!

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Chrome is getting better and faster with each update, which takes place seamlessly without any big deal or announcement or your knowing unlike IE
This applies to all os's and not just windows.

That said the next version of Firefox (9) which is out on beta has caught up with Chrome on average page load times, we will have to see how that performs.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I kind of like Chrome. I moved to it because Firefox seemed to be getting slower and slower, although I haven;t checkout the latest version.

Couple of things though.

Firstly, I don't feel good cozying up to the evil Google empire.

Second, it doesn't seem to work seamlessly with 1Password, which is the most popular Mac OSX password manager.

Other than that, it seems good.

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sill having problems,removed cookies plus various other ideas on the chrome forum.
So removed and reloaded. Now on clicking the chrome icon instead of the chrome home page I get conduit.com. Any ideas what going on ?
Confused of Leicester.:helptitanic:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Me too having problems with chrome, so much that I have gone to IE again and I am on IE 9 which is a lot like chrome but much faster than the old IE.
The old IE used to keep crashing which is why I went to chrome in the first place but now back with IE again.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
each update, which takes place seamlessly without any big deal or announcement or your knowing .

I don't put that down as a plus point. I like to know when I'm being interfered with.

Google is all invasive. You've seen Peter (JC) moaning about the spying. They really are Big Brother, but clever with it. Lots of freebies to show how good they are, but behind the scenes god knows what is going on. World Domination.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back