Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for subscribing, I'm sure you'll find it worthwhile. Welcome to the fun:thumb:

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks Jim,

morning Brian, my stalled "starter for 10" was on MH tax, mostly answered so far thanks but as your asking ....

we have layouts in mind, vehicle size and type. We have tried to Google specific vans in mind but not too many around. Is it a case of Googling
MH dealers in the hope or is there a better method?

cheers
2dogs

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we have layouts in mind, vehicle size and type. We have tried to Google specific vans in mind but not too many around. Is it a case of Googling
MH dealers in the hope or is there a better method?

cheers
2dogs

You might do some basic research on Google but the only way is to get in as many as possible and pretend you are living there. Loads of photos. Take your time. You're going to spend weeks in there, if something bothers you when you poke your head in, it will be much worse after a few weeks.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I bet youv'e got two dogs :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
having a big one (dog that is)

Having a big one (dog that is) we did factor her needs in... her being Ezzie the St Bernard. Took us about two years to find what we wanted. While we have had a European motorhome (one was enough for us) we have had yanks for 20 years plus.

We find that they have all the extras as standard .. get an idea of what we have from the link below.. note also the price we paid... the vat was part of the importation ... but being a disabled driver I had an adaption done and the VAT was removed from the buy price.

But the layout and size of the bathroom was the issue for us as well as how long the motorhome had to be. This American is only 24'9" long and that is about the size these days of many european motorhomes.

We had to be sure that we fitted in Ok with room to move.. hence we have a slideout .. that is the most important thing to us.. the room it gives is worth it's weight in gold. We researched here in the UK and in the USA .. I noticed the other day on ebay 82 American RV Motorhomes for sale from the £10k's up to £160k .. lots of in between, all sizes and all lay outs. Even more motorhomes if you look at european's But to see a motorhome properly you need to visit a deal and sit in one.... nt sure about how they will feel about the dogs trying it out.

Our St bernard, loves the RV and as a lot will know her from the shows, she takes to this type of life very well.

Good luck with your hunting..ask your questions, lots of answers will come.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie:thumb:

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
what ... you mean we've got 2 DOGS :Eeek:::bigsmile:

and wouldn't be without them:thumb:

not quite as big as Ezzie (no we're not getting one) but 2 x labs do take a bit of space. Other things we have to consider are 2 x kayaks on the roof.

Age is a bit of a concern as well ... not me ... the girls, I'm sure as youngsters you could train labs to climb a ladder to a bunk but not now::bigsmile:
floor space is what they need but van size is a restriction.

and no we're not getting one ... (I say to her again::bigsmile:)

Cheers
2dogs

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Try a big Newfoundland like mine in a eurovan :Eeek:

Then my friend you get to know what cosy really means :winky:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
We also have 2 dogs,(border collies) and this was a major consideration for us as to what type of van. I wanted a fix bed back and Jeff wanted garage space which could also double up as bedroom for dogs. Also wanted plenty of floor space, but another thing on the wish list was lounging space when we wanted to chill out. So we knew what we wanted and which MH that would be, just a case of waiting for the right one at the right age and price. We finally got it this year, had a couple of teething problems with it, but nothing that hasn't been put right by Fullers the dealers. Luckily we also have enough room on our drive to keep MH at home. On the down side, we need to plan ahead or take Toad with us as MH is more than 8.5m in length, and bathroom is a little on the small size. But hey, something had to give!
Oh the MH is an Autotrail Chieftan G SE

Happy Hunting :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a garage can give suitable dog space but then restricts the space you have left. Kayaks on the roof, why not get inflateables and keep them in the garage as well. Happy hunting and if you have a perception sit on top kayak for disposal do let me know, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to the site 2dogs...

You dog owners hey!

Wouldn't catch me falling for those baleful eyes and wagging tails...

I am tough...

JJ :Cool:

Attachments

• one biscuit, two dogs 1.jpg
    one biscuit, two dogs 1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 10
  • one biscuit 2 dogs 2.jpg
    one biscuit 2 dogs 2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Please don't say that Haganap, a Newfoundland would be her preferred choice, any suggestion of being cosy and saving money will get her thinking.
If we didn't have the labs then I might give in:winky:

Stig, we're limited to max of 6.5 metres space wise and also the roads we plan to drive on, garage is an option for the girls though.:thumb:

Roger, inflatables out of the question, fishing 2 miles offshore in one is out of the question for me. No perception, I assume you mean the scooter sit on, do have a OK venus for playing with but thats staying sorry.

Cheers
2dogs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back