Hymer S leisure battery charging sequence (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Just bought privately a Hymer 670 S 1992, but not collected until next week.

The leisure battery is flat as the MH has stood for a few months without being plugged in.

On collecting it I do want to get the Leisure battery charging, so here's the question. Is there is this type of Hymer a switch to change the direction that the charge comes from, or is it an automated system that switches into place once the engine is started?

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question or should it be the base vehicle specific?

Thank you

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
once the engine has been started it will charge the leisure battery but if the battery has been stood flat for a few month I don't hold out much hope for a full recovery.

I would cut my losses and buy a new one....batteries don't like being stored uncharged.

once it drops below 10.5v for more than a few days its considered dead and needs replacing.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thank you pappajohn

You're probably right there, but the MH is being collected and then parked up for a couple of months so I'll put the new battery off until we aim to use it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Just bought privately a Hymer 670 S 1992, but not collected until next week.

The leisure battery is flat as the MH has stood for a few months without being plugged in.

On collecting it I do want to get the Leisure battery charging, so here's the question. Is there is this type of Hymer a switch to change the direction that the charge comes from, or is it an automated system that switches into place once the engine is started?

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question or should it be the base vehicle specific?

Thank you
Ask the seller as he should know all about your motorhome as it depends on the build spec when first built

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back