Looking for our next van is a nightmare! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We have bitten the bullet and having made the 4hr drive up from Essex are presently traveling round the midlands visiting various motorhome dealers looking for our next motorhome.
We have been here 2 days so far and already have headaches from looking at so many!:Eeek::Eeek:
We came to see one particular van , it had everything on our wish list but the reality of a van 8mtr in length was quite an eye opener so we are looking round to see what else there is out there.
Visiting Brownhills , SMC, Fullers and Lowdhams tomorrow - not to buy but to look round various layouts to give us an idea.
Have seen some nice Hobby's and had never really considered these before.
Also havinhg to get up early as it gets dark so early and looking at vans in the dark is not a good idea!

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
If you`re coming from Newark there is a little motorhome dealer in southwell in fact there are two next to each other East mids Motorhomes and OCT motorhomes Crew Lane, an there`s Edgehill Motorhomes in Mansfield Woodhouse, an also OMC Motorhomes on theA38 out towards junction 29:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We did all of that a bit over a year ago when planning to down size from a 32ft a Class RV.
we looked at every european m home but in the end bought a new 8.5 m B class RV, it was the only one that offered similar space and all the bits that RVs have.
No regrets :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Broken Link Removed
only up the road from Harwich :thumb:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Broken Link Removed
only up the road from Harwich :thumb:

Obviously called in there a few times but unfortunetly nothing we fancied. Could have saved us a trip if there was!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I can definitely recommend Edgehill in Mansfield Woodhouse. They currently have a couple of Hymers in I'd fancy if I was ready to change.

Quite Tony,

I am in one of their vans at the moment that I picked up on Friday. Superb service from both Lee and Paul, Lee knows his stuff and the van on inspection was well cleaned. Went to a different dealer a couple of weeks ago and the state of the vans on the forecourt was a disgrace.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
We did all of that a bit over a year ago when planning to down size from a 32ft a Class RV.
we looked at every european m home but in the end bought a new 8.5 m B class RV, it was the only one that offered similar space and all the bits that RVs have.
No regrets :thumb:
i agree if you want the best get an RV euro vans are like tissue paper doors and fittings are light fragile and brake all to easy
:cry: heart braking when you look at the cost :cry:
put a smile on your face and buy an RV :thumb::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back