Some b*st*rd (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
has stolen the rear window of my campervan - driver's side rear door. Presumably they needed a Peugeot Boxer window. What a disaster, spent all day in waiting for the police, who came and then called SOCO who didn't. Can't get Autoglass to replace or to do a temporary seal off until SOCO have been. 2 bin bags taped on, but alarm doesn't like that and keeps going off. Thank goodness I had a deadlock on that door! Anyone else had this trouble??

Catherine

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The little sods.... Closest I have come to that is my habitation door window being stolen.:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Rotten luck Catherine. Hope they catch them, but I wouldn't hold your breath...Griff

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I wonder if they wanted the window or just took it out to get in and dumped it?

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
IF i was you id get a better alarm

It's a Thatcham alarm which I had fitted last year. The alarm went off, a neighbour in the next street heard it but I didn't. I shall have to sleep with a hearing aid in I think.

C

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You can get grilles for the rear windows not pretty but deters break ins

this sort of thing
Link Removed

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I am pretty sure they wanted the window. They didn't get in the van and the bike rack had not been disturbed. Thanks Yosser, I have had a hearing test but I don't wear my hearing aid in bed - too uncomfortable.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
you should have your reg etched on to all glass windows that puts them off stealing them

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Unfortunately as vehicles get older and parts get more difficult to obtain on the open market, the risk of theft no matter what it is, is significantly increased.

Sorry to hear of the theft xxxxxxxx

It doesnt matter if you superglue it, video or cctv it, if they want to take it they will.

Shame the world is in such a terrible state xxxxx

thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Gail

Looks like you are having a pretty awful time too - commiserations.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
That's a terrible thing to happen, any words you use to describe those scroats is too nice, they are the scum of the earth, but can you explain what window it was? you say rear window to a boxer but is that the cab window or habitation window as you mention the rear bike rack?

So sorry to hear your problems.

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
No

It's a van conversion - it was the driver's side rear door which went missing. Now replaced thankfully. Good thing it was covered by insurance - the Autoglass man told me it would have cost nearly £500 otherwise.

Attachments

• DSCF7527a.jpg
    DSCF7527a.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
sorry to hear about theft of the window

I will not make the jokes about the alarm or hearing aid as I am sure it is not what you want to hear. But I think the only option is to have the registration number etched to make the windows unattractive to anyone who wants to steal them.

The first thing I did on my RV was to have a serious bit of kit fitted.. the Vanbitz strikeback alarm.. plus the standard Ford alarm. But I have had to put a motion alarm in the garden to protect the cat ... it is sad we have to do this to protect our property. My trailer has so many security features that it becomes silly in the end. Wheel clamp. Two sets of heavy chains to 8" wooden posts, hitch lock and a high security hawser through dustbins to the trailer to make it hard to take..

Bob

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you

I have been trying to find out how to get the windows etched and it seems I'll have to do it myself. I did it on one of my cars some years ago. Can't find anyone locally who will do it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back