Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A big thank you to Val and Bob for a great meet and I do hope you do this again

Oh yes. It had all the right ingredients. Just a pity the weather took the edge off it. Friday afternoon Whitby lit up, looked great. But Saturday did us no favours. Luck of the draw.

This was our first experience of "Goth". Huge grin on faces, from "Wow, stunning, I wish looked like that" to "Good god, must be blind of very brave to come out like that".

Great atmosphere. I noticed an etiquette, you ask permission to photograph and they take it as a compliment and pose appropriately. Great.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We have three 'thank you' threads going here but all suggest the same thing. Thanks Bob and Val, we had a lovely time. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thank goodness for copy and paste Ivy :ROFLMAO:

Yes seconded, thanks for a fantastic weekend. Bob and Val , you were Fab hosts please put us down for the next one Cheynne was brilliant , there to help getting up on the ramps with his sand ladders and his monster truck in case anyone got stuck. Though i bet he could have pulled us off by hand too.:Eeek:
Everybody looked fantastic in the goth gear and it was great meeting new people. Though unfortunately we cant remember all the peoples names
Whitby was great , as were all the sights to be seen. Some of the costumes were very strange. More gimp than goth :winky:
The rally field was muddy but it didnt spoil anybodies fun and we drove straight off the levelers and out of the field when it was home time. It was only really where the social area was.

Got the first load of washing in . Had a shower and are now sat in my jim jams counting down to 7pm for an Indian Takeaway.
Ive had to bath Buster , not so much for the mud believe it or not.
But the stink of dogs , he may be a boy , but i think otherdogs are confused as he gets mounted and licked left right and center. He was very ripe to say the least.
Looking forward to the pics , as Ralph forgot our camera:Blush:
Brian , you had gone by the time i got my goth gear on ! I wanted you to take some pics , so i could bribe the kids with them HaHa

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Many thanks to Bob & Val for a great 'First' meet from them. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on site and in Whitby town itself. Must admit it felt 'strange' walking into a pub for lunch dressed in the Goth Gear but, as no-one batted an eyelid we were soon wandering in and out of the shops.
The wet, muddy ground just made it feel like Glastonbury so it felt right to 'squelch' as we supped. Lovely Pea & Pies last night and brilliant 'brekkie' to send us on our way back home.
It was lovely meeting old friends and making new ones.
See you at Peterborough in April. :thumb:
Thanks again Bob & Val :thanks:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Home safe and sound and decided to use this thread.

great time, thanks to all that were there, Big thanks to Bob & Val and the helpers..... especially the bacon rolls this morning along with the cakes.

I know you were nervous Bob and Val, but you really did do a great job. :thumb:

I know some people do not always realise what can go in to organising a meet but you get 10 out of 10 in my book, you covered all angles including engaging the wonderful Cheynne in the meet for any towing duties.

great to meet some new funsters too, Blamethehoffman and Craig drake to name a couple as well as some we haven't seen for a while. :thumb:

Thanks to Ralph & Bev & Eddie and Di for the company in the early hours, :Blush:

Thank's to Smudger for Friday's life to the chippie.

So as per our conversation on Friday night Bob, Can't wait for next year when you do it all again, so get our names on the list :thumb:

now, having a nice glass of Wine, Indian ordered before the sad return to normal healthy duties tomorrow :thumb:

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Thanks to Bob and Val for a great first meet , thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and had a brilliant time . Whitby the Goths the fish and chips and especially the funsters were great too ... And also a big thanks to Cheynne for all his hard work and help in getting us on and off the field . Cant wait till the next time :thanks2:

Mick and Ann .

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thanks to Ralph & Bev & Eddie and Di for the company in the early hours,

Ooooo yes so sorry Paul and Nickie.
I completely forgot , must have been the copious amount of red:Blush:
Thanks for letting us in your lovely new van , and for yours and family guys great funster company.
I was very suprised when i was the first to wake up at 9.45 this morning. ( in our van :ROFLMAO: BTW before anyone implies:winky: )
Ralph, kids and dogs still fast asleep, and bacon butties calling at 10 am :whatthe: Action stations !!

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
many thanks Bob & Val for a brilliant weekend if you can put us down for next year.
and those bacon butties were to die for.

many thanks Andy and Debs :thumb:

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
goths in whitby

Another one to add the thankyous. Bob and Val you did a wonderful job in not so good conditions.:thumb: We had a great time even the muddy field didnt beat us. Thankyou for the bacon butties they were much appreciated. It was great to meet everyone and put faces to names. A big thankyou to cheynne.:thumb: Cant wait for next years meet.

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Another big thanks from us to Bob + Val, brill weekend bring on next year :Smile:
The sights in Whitby were a real eye opener, coming out of the loo's in the restaurant to see a 6ft odd bloke in full wedding dress and stubble is an image I'll never forget:Eeek:
Thanks to Cheyne for the loan of the long bar to lever my stuck leg out of the ground :thumb:
Sorry to Smudger for making him think someone was making off with his genny in the early hours :Doh::Doh:

and finally a big thank you to all those that enjoyed the communal dog play session, great to see them all chasing round and playing I know Jax & Luna loved it and hope we can make it regular at future meets ::bigsmile::thumb: and hope to see pics of them all.

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Just got sorted after getting back from Whitby, just want to add my thanks to Val and Bob for a great meet and for allowing me to collect for the poppy appeal they did a fantastic job dispite mother nature who tried to spoil things, they were great hosts Val even going to meet late arrivals even though we were all dressed and about to start our walk to Whitby, also Cheynne who kept us warm in the shelter well done that man, it was our first meet and a big thank you to all who made it a great weekend one lasting thought that has scarred me for ever was the bloke in the wedding dress it was wronge in so many ways :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: well done chaps Pat and Graham.

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
I'd like to add our thanks to Bob and Val particularly for their efforts but also everyone else for a great weekend. Nice to put names to faces!
Roll on next year!

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
another big thankyou to val and bob for the whitby goth meet, it is the first one we have been on this year due to hagnap organizing his bring and buy meet at wrenbury when we were in spain
thanks for the great organization and bacon butties this morning you could say because of the conditions that they were like pigs in mud
it was muddy but fun
glad i didnt see the man in the wedding dress but did see a teenage boy in a goth corsett top also totally wrong in so many ways especally he was flat chested and i had come to expect big boobs as most of the other ladies i had seen earlier, i thought by golly that girls got nothing until i realised it was a lad, poor thing so i carried on eating my fantastic fish and chip lunch in the quayside restuarant.
nice to meet a few new faces and a few old ones (older than my face anyway)let us know if you are doing it again for next year

sorry cant make upmarket hippys meet at stratford as we will be in malta for my 50th birthday but wouldn't have minded coming for the stew and chestnuts but hey ho

thanks again for the FUN

paul and di:thumb:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
thanks

big thanks to bob n val and every one for making it a great weekend meeting up with funsters old n new ,pity about the weather
but to be honest by the time we arrived so did the sun so apart from the field being wet and me not wanting to risk getting stuck again opted to park on the track (nice n hard )
but a trek to the beer tent but needed the exercise hope to see you all soon
PS thanks to haggers for up grading the party bus to a posh one , just right for Nicki (posh totty)this is one meet that should be repeated:thumb:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Thanks Bob and Val for a fantastic weekend.

Paul and I had a fantastic time, looking forward to next year. Also thanks to Cheyne for helping us to get the van level on the rather muddy field

See you all soon

Leanne:Smile::Smile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just to repeat all the prevoius praise and comments. Val & Bob you sure did good. We had a splendid weekend and look forward to your next rally :RollEyes:

Will post the pictures of all the 'honey MONSTERS' :Eeek: as soon as the link is up.

Many thanks once again and thanks to Cheyne too for his sterling efforts as DJ, Breakdown, fire keeper and tent erector :thumb:

Lynda & Ken

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Massive thanks to Bob & Val for an excellent weekend , really enjoyed everything (except the weather) :cry::cry: Nice to meet friends old and new. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Also Cheyne thanks for your assistance on getting on the chocks on Thursday evening :thumb::thumb:

Hopefully see all again soon

Mark & Shaz

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
yes thank god for copy & paste! lol

well, really not sure which thread to reply on....

Val & Bob for a first meet you have done us all proud, :thumb: was a fab weekend, def put us down for next year and we'll start saving up the cardboard for the ground. :ROFLMAO: Think from here on in it should be known as Whitonbury with all that mud. BUt hey never stopped us all from having a great time. Lovely to put more faces to names :winky: and to meet up with the usual reprobates!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you should be really pleased with your efforts, and also thanks to cheynne for keeping us warm (and choked - lol) of an evening, along with the music.

and bacon butties to die for

loved it & well done guys xx

love n hugs
Andy & Jeff
xx
<!-- / message -->
    • Share this post on
    • Link RemovedTwitter
    • facebook.png
      Share this

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just to echo what others have said. Great weekend. Thanks to Val and Bob and anyone else who was helping. Special mention to Cheyne for helping us get setup in the difficult conditions. :thumb:

Some great outfits.

I am thinking of getting a white wedding dress for next year. :roflmto: :Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Home top left of page... and go to Rallies.... then go to Whitby .... and follow instructions.:Smile:

Aug 19, 2011
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
Caravan trailer trash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thought Bob and Val were great hosts, did a fantastic job. Had a lovely time despite the wet weather :Smile:

Shaun and Nic. (12 Volt)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks, I thought it was me being thick. I thought I would wait till someone said, 'Oh, look at.........:RollEyes:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Many thanks to the funsters who made our 1st meet at Whitby for Goth weekend to be a brilliant meet, people who we would like to thank for all their help otherwise things would not have gone so smoothly are:

Upmarkethippy (Cheyne)
Canopus (Lynda & ken)
The Stig (Andrea & Jeff)

And a special thank you to all the funsters who turned up, despite the muddy conditions and rain, but till enjoyed the fish & chips and walk around Whitby to see othere Goths!!

Congratulations to Pat (aka M1TCH) for winning best dressed Gothess, and Castaway for winning the "around Britain Quiz" competition.

Just a couple of piccies till we have the folder to put all Goth pictures in, Pat winning Gothess, Yosser with a young lady!! Mmmmm, and the Goth's dressed and ready to walk into Whitby

Millie was 20 on Saturday, JaG's grandaughter so we all sang happy birthday and lit the candles on her birthday cake.

Attachments

• Whitby Goth Weekend 2011 067 (600x800).jpg
    Whitby Goth Weekend 2011 067 (600x800).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Whitby Goth Weekend 2011 097 (800x600).jpg
    Whitby Goth Weekend 2011 097 (800x600).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Whitby Goth Weekend 2011 074 (800x600).jpg
    Whitby Goth Weekend 2011 074 (800x600).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 50

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I sent Jim a message today re my subs being due, and also mentioned that we'd like an album for the Whitby pics.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Many thanks to the funsters who made our 1st meet at Whitby for Goth weekend to be a brilliant meet, people who we would like to thank for all their help otherwise things would not have gone so smoothly are:

Upmarkethippy (Cheyne)
Canopus (Lynda & ken)
The Stig (Andrea & Jeff)

And a special thank you to all the funsters who turned up, despite the muddy conditions and rain, but till enjoyed the fish & chips and walk around Whitby to see othere Goths!!

Congratulations to Pat (aka M1TCH) for winning best dressed Gothess, and Castaway for winning the "around Britain Quiz" competition.

Just a couple of piccies till we have the folder to put all Goth pictures in, Pat winning Gothess, Yosser with a young lady!! Mmmmm, and the Goth's dressed and ready to walk into Whitby

Millie was 20 on Saturday, JaG's grandaughter so we all sang happy birthday and lit the candles on her birthday cake.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If I had bumped into you lot in WHITBY I would have S**T Meself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back