Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi Everyone,

I came across your site whilst looking for help with a 34 foot Safari Pathmaker, I need to find some insurance for it and as usual I am fighting through all the comparison sites filling in the same information and getting to end waiting with eager anticipation for my quote.

Only to find that either it's engine is too big at 5900cc or they can't find it on their database or they won't insure it because it's left hand drive etc etc etc.

So if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great as I want to go travelling with my better half ::bigsmile: and our 4 Great Danes :RollEyes:
& 1 St Bernard.

Thanks
Sue

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Sue , welcome to Fun..
when I had my 36ft RV I used NFU ..

have a look at our insurance review section.. :thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Good morning and welcome Sue, my RV is insured with Safeguard who although not the cheapest give complete cover and include a comprehensive rescue service here and on the continent.
It may be worth you looking at our sister site www.rvoc.co.uk which is dedicated to RV owners

Good luck :thumb: Larry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to the forum

try Camptons they insure RVs, motorhomes, 5th wheels and travel trailers

Link Removed.

mhfs sister site rvoc is dedicated to american units

http://www.rvoc.co.uk/

you could also ask on there, it has a wealth of knowledge for owners of american units and most of us are on both sites

maggie

by the way its a waste of time using internet enquiries for insurance, you need to phone the companies and speak to a person. I was looking at a pathfinder earlier in the year they are a nice rig

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
by the way its a waste of time using internet enquiries for insurance, you need to phone the companies and speak to a person. I was looking at a pathfinder earlier in the year they are a nice rig

If her name is anything to go by, phoning won't be much good either. :Smile:

Ian

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I would Second Camptons. They will insure pretty much anything ::bigsmile:

They did my Bus pre conversion which was an Optare Metrorider with a 5.9 Litre engine on a private non PSV license

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
If her name is anything to go by, phoning won't be much good either. :Smile:

Ian

i would imagine with 4 great danes and a st bernard one has to develop selective hearing especially if they are all barking together :thumb:

awww they will be company for ezzie should they ever meet

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Hi and welcome

Hi and welcome from another St Bernard owner (or servant to her... Ezzie)

We also own a Winnebago .. and have owned RV's for oer 20 years. There are several companies that cover RV's, I myself insure currently with Safeguard which has been mentioned by another member of the forum.. It can be more expensive, but it is what you get for the money...especiallyif you take the RV into Europe. I have also in the past insured via Adrian Flux based up in Kings Lynn in Norfolk who have placed my cover with many different companies such as Equity Red Star and Norwich Union. Safeguard use Alliance.. and Safeguard are part of the Swinton Group.

As mention there is a dedicated American RV sub section called RVOC and a lot of the yank owners on the Motor Home Fun site belong to both. Just different sites owned by the same person.. JIM.

The RVOC of course is pure yank.. where the MHF site is more general and they organise the meets we go to at the shows etc., But the RVOC do have there own meets within the MHF meets if you follow me... mainly due to size and parking up.

Lots of us have dogs, as said I also have a St Bernard, called Ezzie.

Anyway welcome to MHF

All the best

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Beranrd.

OP
OP
D

deaf dane

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi

Hi Ezzie,

We are trying out the Pathmaker first and my Dad wants a 39 foot Winnebago destination.

Thank you for the friendly messages.

Bramble

OP
OP
D

deaf dane

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
The dogs are howling at the moon

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome, yes it can get a tad noisy when you have 5 dogs weighing in at a minimum of 15 stone each.

But heyho that's what life is all about.

:Eeek:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hang on, is deaf dane Bramble's handle or is it Sue's (her mother)?

And is it the Dane that's deaf or Sue, or Sue's husband, the dogs' dad?

I am very confused and this post is becoming a dog's dinner ...... :ROFLMAO:

Hi Sue!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have just join the club on this one

Hang on, is deaf dane Bramble's handle or is it Sue's (her mother)?

And is it the Dane that's deaf or Sue, or Sue's husband, the dogs' dad?

I am very confused and this post is becoming a dog's dinner ...... :ROFLMAO:

Hi Sue!

I am also now confused..is Bramble the 9 year old St Bernard? .. bit lost now myself on this one..... bit like the soap ..third rock from the sun...

Bob

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deaf dane

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Oh doo keep up :-0

Just to clarify Deaf Dane is Sue's handle, yes sometimes dad doesn't listen at all to Mum. 3 Danes are Deaf & 1 isn't.

I pinched Mummy's computer & she will be so cross when she gets in and finds out I have been talking to you lot.

Best get back on my couch before she notices.

:sorry2:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so is this a shaggy dog tail I wonder?

So is this a shaggy dog tail I wonder... like when someone does not pay on ebay they claim the child or dog hit the buy button:Sad:

I am happy to be proved wrong, but have a feeling we are being had.

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
D

deaf dane

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
It would appear that my very clever St Bernard has been playing with my Apple Mac again.

Any comments made by her are solely her responsibilities,.

Goddam I'm going to have to think of another lock-down password for my computer now.

Sue

:Angry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You will also have to pay a tenner :Doh: you have reached your free 5 post limit ::bigsmile:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
but she and them have migrated to RVOC

You will also have to pay a tenner :Doh: you have reached your free 5 post limit ::bigsmile:
terry

Terry , she and them has migrated to RVOC.. being a yank.. but I do recommend that they spend the £15 to get membership to both forums.. of £10 to MHF if they want to join in with us or £10 on RVOC if they just want to be with the yanks..

I would recommend the £15 joint membership.. it is great value.

Bob:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry , she and them has migrated to RVOC.. being a yank.. but I do recommend that they spend the £15 to get membership to both forums.. of £10 to MHF if they want to join in with us or £10 on RVOC if they just want to be with the yanks..

I would recommend the £15 joint membership.. it is great value.

Bob:thumb:

Thought that RVOC was free of charge :Doh:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes we have to pay as well now

Thought that RVOC was free of charge :Doh:
terry

We have had to pay now as well.. so we have a joint subscription for both MHF and the RVOC... and ..... we have now got our own flag...waiting for delivery..

so it is not free anymore:cry:

Bob

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi Everyone,

I came across your site whilst looking for help with a 34 foot Safari Pathmaker, I need to find some insurance for it and as usual I am fighting through all the comparison sites filling in the same information and getting to end waiting with eager anticipation for my quote.

Only to find that either it's engine is too big at 5900cc or they can't find it on their database or they won't insure it because it's left hand drive etc etc etc.

So if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great as I want to go travelling with my better half ::bigsmile: and our 4 Great Danes :RollEyes:
& 1 St Bernard.

Thanks
Sue

Try Sure Term Direct. They've been great to us 2 claims in 1st year & no quibbles.:thumb:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Try Sure Term Direct. They've been great to us 2 claims in 1st year & no quibbles.:thumb:

But if you do use these and take out the breakdown cover, make sure you dont use the RV for at least 24 hours after the policy starts, not from when you pay for the bloody thing!!! I found out the hard way:cry::cry:
Mark

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
But if you do use these and take out the breakdown cover, make sure you dont use the RV for at least 24 hours after the policy starts, not from when you pay for the bloody thing!!! I found out the hard way:cry::cry:
Mark

We were already with Green Flag (personal cover) when we took out the insurance As I say 2 claims each exceeding 1K & they've been great even letting us take the RV to a local repairer of our choosing:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OK you have me interested .. what happened?

Mark

OK Mark, you have now got me interested, so what happened? spill the beans, dish the dirt.. we are all waiting:ROFLMAO:

Bob:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back