Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
My m/h insurance is due soon, I've just had a decent quote from Aviva (better than 4 others i have tried so far), does anyone have any info on them ? ... good or bad, also is there any company that you prefer ?... I'll try them all for a quote................................................................ update ! comfort just quoted me £70 less for the same policy as aviva were !

Last edited:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
My m/h insurance is due soon, I've just had a decent quote from Aviva (better than 4 others i have tried so far), does anyone have any info on them ? ... good or bad, also is there any company that you prefer ?... I'll try them all for a quote................................................................ update ! comfort just quoted me £70 less for the same policy as aviva were !

Comfort are brokers for Aviva. I am with them and have no complaints.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
insurance aviva

I am with aviva via Frank pickles WEF 1st of this month, so a bit early to tell, But i trust pickles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I am with Allianz through Safeguard.Found them to be efficient ,competitive and they include breakdown cover.:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Aviva are ok. I think they used to be Norwich Union.

Why they changed their name is beyond me.

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Insurance and breakdown cover

I have been with Saga for a couple of years (yes I'm over 50 :cry:and retired :thumb:) and pay about £155 for the Hymer S 670 (1994) with limited mileage which works out considerably less than all the other companies mentioned, I was paying over £500 at one time before I was 50 with another company but that did come with breakdown cover throughout the EU and unlimited mileage.

Breakdown (UK only) costs me £80 for both the Jag and the Hymer with CSMA and also covers both of us if in any other vehicle at the time.

Kingmal

Free Member
Jun 5, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just started (2 months)
Hi Tony. Try Lifesure. They were cheapest for me.

OP
OP
SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
cheers malc .... comfort are by far the cheapest up to now but have not had a quote from lifestyle... will have a go mon am... did you get your quote online ?.
also thanks to all for their help/info

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
If you are going on the continent...the Comfort fully comp includes breakdown assistance.........and whats more no upperlimit of the size of the vehicle for recovery......this is limited by some other companies.

Ive not had a claim yet..........how you are dealt with is the key thing for me
but no experience on this so far..touch wood :Smile:

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back