Dettox mould and mildew remover (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Just spent the afternoon getting the mould and other marks off my awning and I’m very pleased with the result.:RollEyes:
A bit of advise to the newbies like me if you have a problem the first port of call should be do a search I find the advaced search and typing one keyword in the best, the chances are you wont be the first to have this problem and the answer to solve your problem will be waiting for you it was for me.
A big thank you to pappajohn, Peter at Johns_Cross_Motorhomes's Heyupluv who suggested using Dettox mould and mildew remover.:thumb:
Its £3 something from B&Q and other places.
My awning looks like a brand new one now ::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Getting the mould / mildew , marks off the awning will it effect the shower / rain proof quality
as we have some starting to show on our awning and would like to remove it before it gets worse

I know they are not waterproof but good with light showers

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
That stuff is super good, we use it to remove the mould stain from the internal walls in our house in Spain (condensation during the winter, unavoidable). Someone recommended it to us, one spray and the mould goes! Would have been worried about using it on fabric though, I assumed it just bleached the mould.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Just spent the afternoon getting the mould and other marks off my awning and I’m very pleased with the result.:RollEyes:
A bit of advise to the newbies like me if you have a problem the first port of call should be do a search I find the advaced search and typing one keyword in the best, the chances are you wont be the first to have this problem and the answer to solve your problem will be waiting for you it was for me.
A big thank you to pappajohn, Peter at Johns_Cross_Motorhomes's Heyupluv who suggested using Dettox mould and mildew remover.:thumb:
Its £3 something from B&Q and other places.
My awning looks like a brand new one now ::bigsmile:
you can come and do mine for me if your is now so good :Blush:

OP
OP
John-Laika
Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
Getting the mould / mildew , marks off the awning will it effect the shower / rain proof quality
as we have some starting to show on our awning and would like to remove it before it gets worse

I know they are not waterproof but good with light showers

champers I just put the water hose on it as soon has the marks had disapeared and washed it off it keeps the water off just the same.
John

OP
OP
John-Laika
Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
you can come and do mine for me if your is now so good :Blush:
motorhomelover I would if I had the time but I cant find the time to get out in our motor home for its first outing (We where hoping to go to Jims for the weekend, ho the power of advertising) but it never happened.
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Works great doesn't it, but if you have one that is loosing it's water repelling properties then autoglym's convertable top cleaner is superb I use yhis on the corvette roof and have used it on an awning that started to soak water up, it just repelled water after cleaning very impressive.

All the best Rick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back