What are you up to this weekend? (2 Viewers)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Don't forget about the user in Oxford and the total ban on all but electric vehicles in City centre
Is that only certain streets or anywhere inside the bye-pass? We were thinking of stopping off at Oxford on our way to East Anglia later in the year (y)

Jan 9, 2022
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G732
Exp
Total Newbie
We're going to Kessingland for our first ever trip in Mildred. Had a lovely lady call us from the site and she's going to help us pop our cherry...apparently. Just going for a couple of days but have lots of other trips already planned.

Popty

Free Member
Aug 22, 2020
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
American RV,
Exp
Since 2018
The total ban on any vehicles not electric is only in certain streets, City centre, l think, the normal LEZ is for other areas of Oxford, best to check or Google, as not 100% sure if/ when the new rules apply
Screenshot_20220309-183624_Chrome.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
The total ban on any vehicles not electric is only in certain streets, City centre, l think, the normal LEZ is for other areas of Oxford, best to check or Google, as not 100% sure if/ when the new rules apply View attachment 593949
Not looked at the map but is the pedestrianised area already

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
What am I up to?

going home from our first venture out in the new moho, been to Bridlington, Helmsley and Rowntree York for 10 nights, then calling at Jackson Leisure to see if they can fit a dish.

Sunday, nipping down to Brownhills to hopefully sort out some niggles, then Wednesday going for my operation then recuperating for a few weeks.

Loved the new van so far, taken a while to get my head round all the new electronics but getting there slowly……. Very slowly 😂

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Nothing as exciting as travels just a repair job on the van. The fused link for the heater plugs is blown so I am fitting a replaceable fuse. Should a heater plug be shorting will be easier to replace the fuse once the plugs have been changed.
Its been a van repair week so far with wardrobe door being repaired and re fitted. Tomorrow it will be two new leisure batteries and a controller.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Had a few nights booked at a place on the Thames. However, NHS have me booked in for a procedure on Monday. Covid test on Friday afternoon and isolate all weekend now🙁

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Just had a lovely stay at Chastleton Rd Campsite (CL site) near Chastleton Nation Trust place halfway between Chipping Norton and Moreton in Marsh (Cotswolds). New site - at the moment basically a field with a toilet! Unfortunately started by getting the van stuck when filling up with water but the owner pulled us out and then let us stay 2 nights for free! Great location, nice field! Nice pub around the corner- The Red Lion in Little Compton.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Just got back from Manor Park Clasic Car Auctions.
God it was hard work keeping my hands in my pockets.
Some lovely value cars going through
Wish i had a bigger garage/drive/plot.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Cheeky free Friday night at the fox and barrel near Oulton park .(very good ) .Arrived now at Chester Fairoaks CAMC site .Get the Gin out .
Just a little further on the A49 you have The Alvanley Arms. The Shire Horse place and small petting farm is right next door.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Hope you have no or very mild symptoms.
Brother was tested positive last week. Didn't even know until he had a PCR. Only took the test as he went to the hospital on a completely non related issue and they insisted as he had just got in from Ukraine.

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Hope you have no or very mild symptoms.
Brother was tested positive last week. Didn't even know until he had a PCR. Only took the test as he went to the hospital on a completely non related issue and they insisted as he had just

If your avatar is anything to go by, you've worn very well.
@cyberyachtThank you for your compliment,as it is an up to date photo. I always say it's Motohoming and fresh air which help to keep you young! And I still go weight training at the gym of course,and trying to keep up with the youngsters helps🤗🤗🤗

Paul.L

Free Member
Oct 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
2004 Swift Sundance
We're off to Haven Primrose Valley site, Filey on Thursday for 3 nights.
Weather forecast looks promising.

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
We are off to the Yorkshire Motorhome and Camping show n Harrogate.
Will hopefully get an update from Consort on our new van which will be due a bit later in the year👍
We will then do a pub stop on the way back home in our T6, which although we love to bits, we do miss our truma (hot water) unit🤣🤣

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We are off to Uttoxeter Races Friday untill Tuesday .Midlands Grand National .Any tips ,please .I know the tip keep your money in your pocket .
Another tip:-
Don’t whistle with your mouth full of custard.😉

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Saturday off to Manor House Stables in Malpas (sister is assistant trainer to Hugo Palmer) to have a look around at the new place...and then Saturday night we may be off to Wolverhampton racecourse as nephew has a ride in the evening. 🐎🐎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back