Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
SERIOUS QUESTION

Last week Mrs ShiftZZ and I took our new van to France, we did not carry water in the Autosleeper besides the 'toilet' flush. All drinking waster was bottled.

In the Rapido, there is only one central tank to hold all water, so we had to fill it up at an Aire (yes I used a watering can). The Water Output from the Aire appear to require a screw on attachment for a hose pipe.

Can any funster advise as to what connectors I should ask MrsShiftZZ to get? (Delegation is always better as if it goes wrong then its not my fault) So bear this in mind, Mrs ShiftZZ will get the blame if you mess up....

As always

ShiftZZ

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
I got mine from Homebase. you can get a connector there that takes two different widths of tap, one adaptor screws into the other for storage.

Hope that helps

David

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
SERIOUS QUESTION

Last week Mrs ShiftZZ and I took our new van to France, we did not carry water in the Autosleeper besides the 'toilet' flush. All drinking waster was bottled.

In the Rapido, there is only one central tank to hold all water, so we had to fill it up at an Aire (yes I used a watering can). The Water Output from the Aire appear to require a screw on attachment for a hose pipe.

Can any funster advise as to what connectors I should ask MrsShiftZZ to get? (Delegation is always better as if it goes wrong then its not my fault) So bear this in mind, Mrs ShiftZZ will get the blame if you mess up....

As always

ShiftZZ

Dave,,,,,,ALL THREE !/2"....3/4"....1" ....plus rubber connection if you are going to tour in France 3/4" is the most used...I will send a ebay list ......they are not expensive for a man of your calibre:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Dave,,,,,,ALL THREE !/2"....3/4"....1" ....plus rubber connection if you are going to tour in France 3/4" is the most used...I will send a ebay list ......they are not expensive for a man of your calibre:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Mel:thumb:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed
Link Removed

Link Removed

Mel

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a tupperware box with lots of different hose fittings, all the connectors 1/2 3/4 and 1, as well as the screw head clamp on ones when you just get the french tap that resembles an old bath tap with no thread, along with joiners and 3 way splitters so you can hook up with others hose. I find one of each is not enough as I'm always losing them

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed
Link Removed

Link Removed

Mel

Dave "Tell"...No better..Advise is better Mrs Shifftz...you also require a hose pipe ...we have one cut into thee different lengths....but can connect together if needed and sometimes you do need a long length:Doh::ROFLMAO:...what we use to connect then together are these

Link Removed
and these

Link Removed

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I found some Borns required this fitting to connect to the water output and the hose.
Broken Link Removed

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Dave "Tell" or advise is better Mrs Shifftz...you also require a hose pipe ...we have one cut into thee different lengths....but can connect together if needed and sometimes you do need a long length:Doh::ROFLMAO:...what we use to connect then together are these

Link Removed
and these

Link Removed

If you have this type of water inlet

Link Removed

It is worth buying one of these drain pipe off set bends
68x68/112'..PVC off set bend

Link Removed

when you take your lockable cap off push one end into the opening, (mine is the collar end that fits) it makes it a lot easy-er to fill with watering can or a larger container like mine 10 ltrs

This will save Mrs Shiftz spilling any water when filling plus Mrs Shiftz could carry the larger container like mine 10 ltrs to save going back so many times

Mine was about 4 euros from Lidl bright red brill, with spout if needed or without spout for a quick fill.....
similar to this one but it is better one from Lidl...

Link Removed

:thumb::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Could I also suggest one of these:

Link Removed

Saves standing and holding the end of the pipe in place, or having it keep falling out of the filler neck.

And we keep all our connectors, filler etc. in a small zipped, cool sandwich bag thingie from the pound shop

Wyn

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Could I also suggest one of these:

Link Removed

Saves standing and holding the end of the pipe in place, or having it keep falling out of the filler neck.

Wyn

Dave.. what Wyn has suggested are good..... we have one (they are not cheap) but very good ....they save you when you at the opposite side of your van pressing the water tap button in to get water only to find your hose pipe has come out and you have been watering the grass ???:cry::winky:

Mel

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

If you have this type of water inlet

Link Removed

It is worth buying one of these drain pipe off set bends
68x68/112'..PVC off set bend

Link Removed

when you take your lockable cap off push one end into the opening, (mine is the collar end that fits) it makes it a lot easy-er to fill with watering can or a larger container like mine 10 ltrs

This will save Mrs Shiftz spilling any water when filling plus Mrs Shiftz could carry the larger container like mine 10 ltrs to save going back so many times

Mine was about 4 euros from Lidl bright red brill, with spout if needed or without spout for a quick fill.....
similar to this one but it is better one from Lidl...

Link Removed

:thumb::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel
:Eeek: I pay about 90p for them-offset bend that is ::bigsmile:
terry

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
:Eeek: I pay about 90p for them-offset bend that is ::bigsmile:
terry

Terry...the ebay item No (as with all the others ebay No... I have put on) are just an example, pictures only nothing more,... just to show Dave ......it is not up to me to suggest to Dave how much to pay or where to buy from That is up to Mrs Shiftzz:winky:..... if Dave intended to buy any of the items, it is up to Dave to source the items and cost for himself ??:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...Maybe you could get one for Dave at 90p and post it onto him:thumb:
( I paid a lot less myself, maybe that's because I was in the building trade:Doh::ROFLMAO: 49years)

Mel

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
SERIOUS QUESTION

As always

ShiftZZ
we carry about five connectors as their are many types out there at least two different screw types plus taps sizes can differ too there is no standardization when it comes to taps and water supplies :cry:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
We have a tupperware box with lots of different hose fittings, all the connectors 1/2 3/4 and 1, as well as the screw head clamp on ones when you just get the french tap that resembles an old bath tap with no thread, along with joiners and 3 way splitters so you can hook up with others hose. I find one of each is not enough as I'm always losing them

I have seen that box in action at the fulltimers meet. Most impressed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry...the ebay item No (as with all the others ebay No... I have put on) are just an example, pictures only nothing more,... just to show Dave ......it is not up to me to suggest to Dave how much to pay or where to buy from That is up to Mrs Shiftzz:winky:..... if Dave intended to buy any of the items, it is up to Dave to source the items and cost for himself ??:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...Maybe you could get one for Dave at 90p and post it onto him:thumb:
( I paid a lot less myself, maybe that's because I was in the building trade:Doh::ROFLMAO: 49years)

Mel
:ROFLMAO: more than happy to do that :thumb: I may have a couple in the garage :ROFLMAO:
terry

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We have witnessed Johnny Foreigner favour this sort of device on the aires and stellplatzes!

Broken Link Removed

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
:ROFLMAO: more than happy to do that :thumb: I may have a couple in the garage :ROFLMAO:
terry
Good man Terry :thumb:....Terry I hope they are new ones in your garage!!......and not used ones from off a job... or you will have to answer to Mrs Shiftzz ******:Eeek::winky::hardhat:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back