Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
HI ALL
I have my first ice hockey game next
month at Grimsby ,trying to find a spot was thinking of stopping at the ice rink car park but have been told its not to safe in the car park over night any one no a spot at Grimsby was hoping not to far from the ice rink :thumb:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
HI ALL
I have my first ice hockey game next
month at Grimsby ,trying to find a spot was thinking of stopping at the ice rink car park but have been told its not to safe in the car park over night any one no a spot at Grimsby was hoping not to far from the ice rink :thumb:

The Stig should know, he comes from Grimsby!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not sure you will find anything too close to the town.. Woman and I drove around for ages looking for a one night plot up.. mentioned it to Jeff and Andi ( The Stig and his better half ) and they could not help either !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
s. There is a great spot by Cleethorps railway station.go to Clee and turn left towards sea front after hundred yards turn left into station road, the car park is on left. might be a couple of lorries there :Smile: or stop on sea front at thorpe park end ,:Smile:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
I think the best place to stay will be in Cleethorpes. Near the train station is certainly a good place, also if you go onwards past the leisure centre and the little steam train track, passed the other end steam train station and turn left immediately after the track, follow the lane to the end and there is a car park which I have used before and in the mornning it is beautiful, great views of the sun rising up over the estuary.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
when i go to an area i do not know I head in to a housing estate one with nice houses and try to find a quiet cul de sak great for a one night stop normaly do not get trouble and each house owner thinks it there visiting some one else in the cul de sak but must get up early and move on

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Have a look at the willows campsite at Laceby. Its about 5 miles from the ice rink. I would not advise wildcamping in Grimsby at all and Cleethorpes at this time of the year can get very blowy

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Have a look at the willows campsite at Laceby. Its about 5 miles from the ice rink. I would not advise wildcamping in Grimsby at all and Cleethorpes at this time of the year [COLOR="Red[COLOR="red"]"]can get very blow[/COLOR]y
[/COLOR]

Cos the Mushy Peas are popular when the weather gets colder......:thumb:...

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Ah now if you want fish and chippy shops you can't beat the one in Laceby..........fish the size of whales, chips perfectly fried and mushy peas to swim in. Mind you Cleethorpes has a good choice of your fryers as well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Actually I think next year we need a 100 day long rally, eating at a different chippy every day. I keep thinking of more and more chippys in the Grimsby area, its definately still the leading industry

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Have a look at the willows campsite at Laceby. Its about 5 miles from the ice rink. I would not advise wildcamping in Grimsby at all and Cleethorpes at this time of the year can get very blowy

HI
Dose any one no of a web site for willows campsite and is it still open cos i think it is up for sale as well

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Terry & Nicola

Have to say I have never heard of Willows campsite, and I cerainly wouldn't take a MH to the Willows.
There are several good places where you can park up overnight.
Jeff will google earth the places and send you some links tonight.
One already mentioned is the Grant St Car Park opposite Cleethorpes Railway Station. Actually it is a Lorry Park, there may be some charges for overnight parking thou.
Pyewipe Industrial Est is also another good place with some quite spots. But if you want a plesant stopover then there is an old road right alongside Penells Garden Centre in Cleethorpes. I am sure if you google earth it you should be able to see where we mean. Instead of going straight in to the car park turn left, it goes on for about 200/300 yards. The place mentioned by the boating lake has a barrier put up on a night time now which is a shame as it is a lovely spot over looking the Humber. Unfortunately there is/was quite a few petrol heads that used to enjoy tearing up and down there, they also use the seafront alot so I would avoid parking on the seafront overnight. If you are also looking for a place to eat out, let us know your preferences and we will point you in the right direction.
All the best
Andrea & Jeff

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Link Removed

The stig is refering to a housing estate called The Willows, completeley different place..........The Willows campsite is a few miles from the estate. Its a lovely location with room for about 100 units, although they rarely have more thna a handful. Its got a great fishing lake, the showers are excellent and there is a superb golf course next to it.

The guy who owns it is a great chap, give him a call and check he is still there, it is a year or so since we used it

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Actually I think next year we need a 100 day long rally, eating at a different chippy every day. I keep thinking of more and more chippys in the Grimsby area, its definately still the leading industry

Do we assume the diet is no longer Stew or have you just lost so much that you need a good feed?:winky:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Do we assume the diet is no longer Stew or have you just lost so much that you need a good feed?:winky:

tricky question that one ..............lol

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Link Removed

The stig is refering to a housing estate called The Willows, completeley different place..........The Willows campsite is a few miles from the estate. Its a lovely location with room for about 100 units, although they rarely have more thna a handful. Its got a great fishing lake, the showers are excellent and there is a superb golf course next to it.

The guy who owns it is a great chap, give him a call and check he is still there, it is a year or so since we used it

aah... I guess you are referring to the one on the Barton Street out on the wolds? Yes, nice little site, more for the fresh water fishing people. but nice all the same. Not sure if it will be open then, and with it being up on the wolds it can be a few degrees colder up there.

You pays your money you take your chance!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back