Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am on a total reinstall as I write this post. Have had nothing but issues with syncing my music.. over past 3 days have backed up and reinstalled all the music.. as I had switched the Itunes to a new computer it seems to have really upset the system.

I have about another 4 hours of down load of the music then to try and reinstall the photos from a back up drive and everything else.

I can play my libary from the store version via wifi to the IPAD but it only has the odd songs in the ipad it's self.. Spoken to Apple a couple of times and this is the drastic step of a total reinstall. I was able to access say a vido song.. song only on the iPAD but the full version on the computer.. where as before I could hear it and see it on the IPAD on the old version.

Anyone else having an issue?

Bob

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My upgrade and subsequent use has been flawless. Very impressed with iCloud. It pushes data between the macs a treat. No matter where i am or what machine is in front of me, all the files i need to crack on are there. Flawless so far.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am still at it at 7.15 p.m

My upgrade and subsequent use has been flawless. Very impressed with iCloud. It pushes data between the macs a treat. No matter where i am or what machine is in front of me, all the files i need to crack on are there. Flawless so far.

I am still at trying to sync the Dell to the IPAD.. it is now 7.15 p.m. and I suspect this go at the sync will take to about 11 p.m.

I called Apple support and went through everything.. They said I was doing it as I should.. suggested a reinstall.. boy here we go again.. s that is what I did. But the music will not go from the computer Itunes library.. just seems to loop back to the computer.

Just tried a differnt way and stopped the sync after 15 songs and they seem to be on the ipad now... but the video songs still only move the music and not the video.. still 436 songs to go.

If no luck this time I will book a slot at the genius bar at the Apple Store at Bluewater for Friday ..take the laptop and the IPAD and let them see if they can sort it... very frustrated with it at the moment.

I think the issue is the Windows 7 to the IPAD..as and when I can afford the MAC next year I will move over to Apple all the way.

Bob

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
people in the know,have android:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All mine went over straight away Bob.. Would like to offer some sage words but had no issues with either mine or womans..

And Chris, those that REALLY know have Android, Win 7 and iPad LOL !!!!!! ( you have just GOT to cover all the bases !!!! )

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
All mine went over straight away Bob.. Would like to offer some sage words but had no issues with either mine or womans..

And Chris, those that REALLY know have Android, Win 7 and iPad LOL !!!!!! ( you have just GOT to cover all the bases !!!! )
people in the know only need android:thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Bob

I had a similar problem synch my iphone to my pc, the culprit was Zone Alarm, I switched it off and the synch went ok..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
people in the know only need android:thumb:

But do you know what is happening on the other stuff Chris ! ( and yes, I actually really rate Android to be honest .. I have the iPAD for convenience not cos I like or admire it particularly )

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Got all the music and videos now back on the IPAD

Not bad 3 days in total.. but I have all the music and video/music back on the ipad.. I am now starting to load the pictures from the back up drive to the Dell then to the IPAD.. have a good 5,000 to load and the folder I am on at the moment is 1,739 (612 synced so far) of a cruise we di through the Panama Canal a couple years back.. visual memories.. stored everywhere just in case.. that was some trip .. But have lots of other visual memories to also load back on the ipad... reinstalls are not a good thing unless you really have to do them.. take for ever to get everything back in it's place.

Love my IPAD, but it is a real issue when it decides to no play ball:whistle:

Anyway will keep plodding at it.

Bob:Eeek:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no that did not work

No that did not work.. only down loaded one file.. started again.. 10 a.m 3128 photo's.. seems to be working this time.. we will see.

Bob:cry:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
nearly there

I now have all the photos and the video/music uploaded back to the Ipad... just got 5 songs shown as purchased on Itunes (store) that will not down load.. no matter what I try.. have sent a message to Apple.. Anyway at least I am back to a reasonable level.. not bad Saturday to Tuesday...wonderful.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back