Free Member
Oct 30, 2011
doncaster
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Good evening to everyone.
Just joined the forum and have a couple of questions.
Just purchased a 2007 Hymer B514 SL motorhome, i see that things like headlamps etc are extremely expensive if broke. Any ideas of where we can purchase headlamp covers or clear adhesive plastic film to protect the headlamps ? has anyone ever done this ?
Also the van has the 3.0 multijet engine. What is the average mpg for this particular kind of vehicle and engine ?
Finally, we have seen in some vans, they have the table removed ( due to the strange sheer size thats used ?? ) Then a smaller / aftermarket unit purchased.............any ideas pleeaaaase??
Many thanks
Shreky !!::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Most motor accessory shops will have headlamp protectors in stock but due to the special shape of the Hymers you will have a problem.

They are EXPENSIVE!:cry:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

shreky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2011
doncaster
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
hello again

:cry:Many thanks for that .

Link Removed................

Just been clicking around and found a company .see above website.

Hopefully it could be of use to others .

Its a special clear adhesive sheet ( different sizes ) specifically designed for headlamps.

I will be calling them tomorrow.

Many thanks
Shreky !!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just been clicking around and found a company .see above website.

Shreky !!

Not impressed. It might stop a headlight shattering and falling out as needed no track but I can't see it lessening the impact of a stone much. The protectors I've seen were thick polycarbonate held on by foam which created a gap, now that combination takes the sting out of a stone.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:welcomefunster: You're officially at the best M/H site on t'interweb, beware the nutters, you'll see what I mean

................Griff

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I resemble that remark Griff
now back to the OP. Have a word with Terry, he is a chippy and should be able to sort out a table and he is not far away from you.

As to headlight protectors they are a waste of time , if you are really worried just drive everywhere backwards:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
now back to the OP. Have a word with Terry, he is a chippy and should be able to sort out a table and he is not far away from you.

As to headlight protectors they are a waste of time , if you are really worried [HI]just drive everywhere backwards[/HI]:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See what I mean about nutters..........Griff:ROFLMAO:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Sheet of polycarbonate, sharp knife, set of tap washers, and epoxy resin - or velcro if you prefer. Cut to shape, washers provide a spacing and impact area - you can either resin them in place, holding in position with some masking tape over night - or if you want them removable, use hook and loop velcro.

OP
OP
S

shreky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2011
doncaster
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
hello again

Nutters ........... thats an understatement :ROFLMAO:.

Many thanks for the replys guys.

Another question, my partner myself and the dog are heading down to cornwall for the hole duration of xmas, using CL sites, Never been away at xmas in the van, we have got E/hookup mostly , just wondered if a small slow cooker would be ok to run ????
If not ..... its dog en beans for xmas dinner :ROFLMAO:

shreky

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Nutters ........... thats an understatement :ROFLMAO:.

Many thanks for the replys guys.

Another question, my partner myself and the dog are heading down to cornwall for the hole duration of xmas, using CL sites, Never been away at xmas in the van, we have got E/hookup mostly , just wondered if a [HI]small slow cooker[/HI] would be ok to run ????
If not ..... its dog en beans for xmas dinner :ROFLMAO:

shreky

See the post <winter is officially here>..............Griff

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Hi, I got polycarbonate headlamp covers from 'Van Comfort' but I notice that they don't have any in stock for 'A' classes at the moment. mpg will vary considerably depending on how you drive and what you carry, but I get 25mpg from mine which has the same engine.
Geoff.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have the 3.0 litre too, I can get 27 on a decent run if I stay below 60, and drop to 18 if I stick at 70-75,

It has averaged 25.4 according to the trip computer, but by my reckoning (total fuel/total miles) it is averaging 25.7.

Sometimes the trip computer is not that accurate, so I'm pleased that mine is so close.

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years

As to headlight protectors they are a waste of time , if you are really worried just drive everywhere backwards:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman you are a tonic that made me laugh:thumb:

Welcome to Motorhome Fun Shreky

OP
OP
S

shreky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2011
doncaster
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
bits for sale.

Hi again to everyone.
Great site....loads of info !

I have some items for sale if anyone interested.

2006 Fiat ducato Black bonnet bra ( with the emblem Ducato on it ). on ebay at the mo.

2006 Fiat ducato Bull bar ( nudge bar chrome ) on ebay at the mo. only 3 months old.

Also within the next week, there will be a full set of ( van rated ) AEZ 16" 5 spoke alloys ( also only 3 months old max ) with steel H/D valves. No tyres i"m afraid.

My van is a CI Cariocca 665 G on the alko chassis 3.8 tonne . ( 2.8JTD ) if this helps for fitment.

The wheels alone cost me approx £490-£500 from tyresave. ( open to sensible offers if interested. ( they look the dogs danglers ::bigsmile: ) excellent condition and hardly used.

Pictures can be sent .... just ask.

Had a huge brainwave at the weekend and thought it would be a good idea to go out and buy a new Hymer..............( the wife loves me :Doh: )
My number is 07415 856176

Shreky !:Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi :welcome: to fun and good luck with the new van, :thumb: good choice, you will love the A Class. ::bigsmile:

Don't know about headlight protectors, but do know some Hymer owners have had headlights shatter and always on the near side ! I was told it was a duff batch, and I think some have been changed under warrenty, so if you have google you might find some more information on them ! I think I was the later models, I saw on for sale at the last Newwark show with a shattered headlight but cant remember how old it was.:Smile: Bob and Jane.

:flyingwelcome:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back