Once a Van Man... Always a Van Man... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have flown to the south of France to help celebrate a special friend's birthday...

I am staying in a super hotel...

All facilities on hand (including a kettle.)

How come I miss my Wagon already? :Sad:

Bet not many other Funsters would prefer an old beat up self-build to a Hotel!!!

JJ :Cool:

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Cant stand them have stayed in hundreds because of work, a motorhome or caravan for me anytime

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have flown to the south of France to help celebrate a special friend's birthday...

Ye gods, that involves spending money. Is that Portuguese heat getting to you or is it LOVE ?

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ - The Hotel is probably 3 star, whereas the van is definately 5 star :thumb::Smile:

You are so right Dixon... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ye gods, that involves spending money. Is that Portuguese heat getting to you or is it LOVE ?

Emphatically "No Comment" Brian :winky: :winky:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Have just booked a long weekend at the Damson Dean in the lakes. Has anyone seen the TV series of the same. Looks interesting. :Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Emphatically "No Comment" Brian :winky: :winky:

Absolutely no need, just seen the Marjal list.

A whole week on a paid pitch. That's not LOVE it's LOVE !

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6:1, Fray Bentos and Frankie, this is man is indeed blessed. Magic.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Damson Dene Hotel

Have just booked a long weekend at the Damson Dean in the lakes. Has anyone seen the TV series of the same. Looks interesting. :Cool:

Hiya Buttons,

We saw the tv series and found it very interesting as we had stayed there in 2004 or should I say we didn't:Doh:.....................
I saw it on tinternet and booked for a week - it looked good with gym & pool etc. On arrival we were shown to one room which was filthy and was duly refused by us......the next room was nearly as bad but we took it for one night on the understanding we could move to a better room next day.....the third room was totally disgusting so we refused to stay any longer and refused to pay the bill.
In it's favour at the time the chef & his food were great and the staff could speak English ( I did send a token payment towards the food )....I understand they are all Eastern European now!
The gym was filthy & covered in cobwebs including all the machines.....I did not pluck up courage to try the pool.
When we left we travelled approx 1 mile towards Windermere and found the Fayrer Garden Hotel on the left which although much more expensive was brilliant:thumb:

If you do stay at the DD I shall be interested to hear your comments.

Brian

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Since going fulltiming I have stopped in bricks and mortar once and didn't like the experience at all.

There were so many negatives about it and only one minor positive.
The minor positive was the flush and forget toilet which was something I had forgotten about.

I have been parked on my mums drive now for 6 weeks helping her after her operation and no end of people here think I am nuts for still staying in my van. I try to explain it is my home but they still don't get it :Doh:

Have a great Stay JJ hope you two enjoy yourselves muchly....

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Absolutely no need, just seen the Marjal list.

A whole week on a paid pitch. That's not LOVE it's LOVE !

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6:1, Fray Bentos and Frankie, this is man is indeed blessed. Magic.

If you are referring to Majal young man, I understand from Frankie that we have to go at this time because YOU (and others) are there...:Eeek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you are referring to Majal young man, I understand from Frankie that we have to go at this time because YOU (and others) are there..

Well at least your drinks bill will be pretty small. But don't expect us to run to Fray Bentos as well.

But if you need any shipping out that can be arranged.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
JJ its maybe more to do with the fact your not allowed to wear footie strips at the diner table and to make matters worse they dont do Fray Bentos pies.

On a more serious note im like you tend to prefer the Mh even went to Sandals in Jamaica at easter and after 2 days started thinking where i could park the mh on the beach:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Hotel rooms I hate them with a passion - had to last year in Denmark and again this year for 1 night in Inverness but my hate of hotel rooms is the reason for Stumpy the caravan - rather pull that anywhere for a night or two than stay in a hotel room no matter how good or how cheap.

By the way have a good time :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I hope you two have a lovely time just make sure your in bed at a reasonable time JJ (or go back to the hotel) :ROFLMAO::Blush:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Haven't you heard about his millions??:Cool: NO? Indeed??:whatthe::whatthe: well ...I have !!!:roflmto::winky::winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:ROFLMAO:

Those old Turkish Lira Millionaires........... Does that one still work these days..........:RollEyes:

Joyeux anniversaire Frankie, dépensent ses millions et avoir du plaisir........:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
So this is JJs new job:ROFLMAO:
here he is in france to wish Frankie a happy birthday:RollEyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGz6lomMw3g&feature=related[/ame]

So thats what is meant by street entertainer

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

All facilities on hand (including a kettle.)

How come I miss my Wagon already? :Sad:

Bet not many other Funsters would prefer an old beat up self-build to a Hotel!!!

JJ In your own van, you are your own man ...:winky: We under stand.. we are the same....Do what you want, When you want, Talk to who you want and then move on ...no problems ::bigsmile:...Shame we did not know you was down our way JJ we came past Toulouse 3 days ago....We are now down on the Med at Gruissan Port.....first night down here was the most BL**DY awful a terrible storm:Eeek:..I thought I had parked in the sea and not on the Aire hard standing the van never stopped swaying about in the horrific wind and rain for about 6 hours then the wind dropped a little it was just heavy rain all night and the following day ...but not cold.... when we got up the following morning the parking area was under water and still is as it has rained ever since....3 days of it :Doh::cry:. you see motorhomes coming in and driving around the site trying to see if they can find a dry spot:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:they will be lucky...I have it and I am not moving yet:winky::ROFLMAO:..But it is warm though got up this morning 21c in the van...14c exterior so that is one saving grace.

Mel

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
JJ In your own van, you are your own man ...:winky: We under stand.. we are the same....Do what you want, When you want, Talk to who you want and then move on ...no problems ::bigsmile:...Shame we did not know you was down our way JJ we came past Toulouse 3 days ago....We are now down on the Med at Gruissan Port.....first night down here was the most BL**DY awful a terrible storm:Eeek:..I thought I had parked in the sea and not on the Aire hard standing the van never stopped swaying about in the horrific wind and rain for about 6 hours then the wind dropped a little it was just heavy rain all night and the following day ...but not cold.... when we got up the following morning the parking area was under water and still is as it has rained ever since....3 days of it :Doh::cry:. you see motorhomes coming in and driving around the site trying to see if they can find a dry spot:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:they will be lucky...I have it and I am not moving yet:winky::ROFLMAO:..But it is warm though got up this morning 21c in the van...14c exterior so that is one saving grace.

Mel

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: WOT ?????? You passed Toulouse 3 days ago and you never stopped :Sad:WHY ?????:shout::shout: We would have had a nice moment together :RollEyes::RollEyes: Ah well, I suppose you had your reasons.....Next time !!!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Those old Turkish Lira Millionaires........... Does that one still work these days..........:RollEyes:

Joyeux anniversaire Frankie, dépensent ses millions et avoir du plaisir........:thumb:

The main problem you see is that during the night (while i could search those millions) he keeps snaping his fingers:Eeek::Eeek: ..... making them changing place all the time:RollEyes::RollEyes::cry::cry:

Amicalement

Frankie:Angry::Angry:
i keep searching though:Blush:....will keep you informed:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back