Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Still a nice item for the money

Driving a yank.. V10 wih a 6.8 ltr engine I know what I get to the gallon.. around 14 to 15 mpg.. all depends on how you drive them. These yanks were made to last.

Lots of power and luxury living.. and at 27' is not silly sized as some yanks are. Where would you find a euopean with all this has for the money?

If you fancy a nice motor I would say have a look... do not forget the sister site at www.rvoc.co.uk it is all yanks and run by Jim.. this is posted on our forum and has been remarked on as good vakue.

Bob:thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
and at the other end of the Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Who is stupid enough to pay 2million + for a camper van???

Think you misread .. bidding is at £12k

as for the OP ..

this needs a lot of work and money spent on the interior.. £3k + .

tyres, exhaust, suspension and brakes are expensive items .. I dread to think what a new engine radiator costs .. and as Peter said .. will gobble petrol

anyone with a small budget for a van would be better to buy a European .. spares etc are a lot cheaper and easily available .. this could turn out to be a money pit ..

despite what Bob says, Yanks are not well put together, nor are the appliances any better (maybe worse) than their European counterparts, just a lot more expensive.. and at 20+ years old, many will be on their last legs..

thumbsdown from me...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It just so happens that I know someone that's selling an A class Cummins diesel powered one that's fully loaded for fulltiming at around the same money that doesn't need a penny spending on it.
Now that's a REAL bargain.:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Yes but dont forget it was built in 1989 and now 22 years old and a petrol gobler.

Peter

And the interior is soooo ugly and outdated....:Eeek:

It reminds me of my dear old grans sitting room in the 70's. If that's what is described as "Classic" then classic does not mean what I thought it did.

...and as said fuel guzzler, hard to get parts for if at all, and nearly as old as my dear old gran! Bless

If 9k is "for nothing" I would rather have nothing, but still have 9k in my bank account...

On this one "I agree with Jim"..........:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It is a gem

And the interior is soooo ugly and outdated....:Eeek:

It reminds me of my dear old grans sitting room in the 70's. If that's what is described as "Classic" then classic does not mean what I thought it did.

...and as said fuel guzzler, hard to get parts for if at all, and nearly as old as my dear old gran! Bless

If 9k is "for nothing" I would rather have nothing, but still have 9k in my bank account...

On this one "I agree with Jim"..........:thumb:

It is a gem or classic if you wish.. the colours you see were often on RV's made by companies such as Four Winds only 4 to 6 years back... American colours tend to be alive and up in your face, often you get a mix of different colours in the RV...

As for parts you will be suprised how easy parts can be got. Also a lot cheaper than you may think. Having had a European over 20 years ago.. once was enough.. and that was on a Merc chassis... I had my first of a long line of American RV's .. never had a problem getting parts for them.

This size is the right size RV and will sell or should do for more than it is at now. Anything around £15 to £18k would be about right.

Do not knock it until you have tried one I would say and I am suprised at Scotjims views given he owned an RV...

Bob

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
It is a gem or classic if you wish.. the colours you see were often on RV's made by companies such as Four Winds only 4 to 6 years back... American colours tend to be alive and up in your face, often you get a mix of different colours in the RV...

As for parts you will be suprised how easy parts can be got. Also a lot cheaper than you may think. Having had a European over 20 years ago.. once was enough.. and that was on a Merc chassis... I had my first of a long line of American RV's .. never had a problem getting parts for them.

This size is the right size RV and will sell or should do for more than it is at now. Anything around £15 to £18k would be about right.

Do not knock it until you have tried one I would say and I am suprised at Scotjims views given he owned an RV...

Bob
I agree with you BOB!!
full service on my 7.4ltr v 8 petrol engne with LPG fittting new belts
was only £295.00

dont knock it till you have tried it i get 20 mpg for the same price as petrol on LPG so not too expensive to run
i will admitt the new fridge freezer at £1500 was a big hit on mine but i got it £10K below book price in 2009

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back