Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Hi,does anyone know when a satnav update will be available for the M74 Extension,my satnav freeks out everytime i drive on it,thanks in advance,jabbaman:Doh::Doh::Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Let me guess - you've got a TomTom :Smile: Same thing happened with the re-routing of the A1 around Ferrybridge. Took them years to get the mapping sorted out. One reason I bought a Garmin instead :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Let me guess - you've got a TomTom :Smile: Same thing happened with the re-routing of the A1 around Ferrybridge. Took them years to get the mapping sorted out. One reason I bought a Garmin instead :Smile:
My maps have never been updated, but i know if i'm on a new road it will eventually rejoin the old road, (Ferrybridge/A1 etc) so why worry :RollEyes:.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
thanks for your reply,it's a navman i have:Smile:,do garmin have regular updates thanks ,jabbaman:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
thanks for your reply,it's a navman i have:Smile:,do garmin have regular updates thanks ,jabbaman:Smile:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My maps have never been updated, but i know if i'm on a new road it will eventually rejoin the old road, (Ferrybridge/A1 etc) so why worry :RollEyes:.
True, John, but it annoyed me that the road re-alignment had been completed months (more than a year even) before mapping updates were released which still contained the old data.

:Smile: Navman use the same mapping supplier as TomTom, Tele-Atlas. Garmin use Navteq map data and so far (I've had the unit about 18 months) seem to keep the maps up to date more accurately. I was also able to purchase lifetime map updates for £75.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
True, John, but it annoyed me that the road re-alignment had been completed months (more than a year even) before mapping updates were released which still contained the old data.
And this, Graham, is the reason i don't buy map updates.

if the junction i want isn't on the new stretch of road, possibly became an underpass etc. then tomtom will reroute me to a point where i can get to the road needed anyway.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
And this, Graham, is the reason i don't buy map updates.

if the junction i want isn't on the new stretch of road, possibly became an underpass etc. then tomtom will reroute me to a point where i can get to the road needed anyway.

True.

I bet the one thing we definitely agree on is having a printed atlas as well to make sure the sat nav don't take us down some narrow lane ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
True.

I bet the one thing we definitely agree on is having a printed atlas as well to make sure the sat nav don't take us down some narrow lane ::bigsmile:
got loads Graham...France, Spain, Morocco :Doh::RollEyes:all inherited with the RV but i do have a UK road atlas somewhere. :thumb:

but common sense says...that road's too narrow or too winding...i also have low bridge warnings on the tomtom.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006

:Smile: Navman use the same mapping supplier as TomTom, Tele-Atlas. Garmin use Navteq map data and so far (I've had the unit about 18 months) seem to keep the maps up to date more accurately. I was also able to purchase lifetime map updates for £75.
Thanks will keep that in mind when my wife asks me what i want from santa:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back