Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
MHF seems to be running really slowly this morning. Quite often 'hangs' when returning to home page or after submitting a post. All other regularly visited sites (BBC News, general search responses etc.) seem to be fine.
Anyone else noticed?

(Running Safari 5.1 OSX 10.6.8)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's hard to nail as its intermittent, its fast now:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I have had the same problems also ..although ok at the minute

Wirralian

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 8, 2011
New Brighton, Wirral
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2011
Alot of people accessing the site at the same time can often cause these intermittant hangings :thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
13 minutes to get onto FUN, eventually via google, then two attempts to post this:cry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Si, there must be something else wrong there, is it still slow for you now?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's very fast at the moment, its intermittent and i can't catch it, I will

OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I think there may be a general problem in the BT infrastructure network. I use IDNet and their RSS incident feed has been reporting a string of issues over the morning. As I could not see a fault specifically in my area, I ignored them at first, then looked back and found the following.

"Message: All BT ADSL circuits affecting all our cutomers and many other ISPs failed at around 8:45 this morning. The cause is unknown at present. Service resumed at about 9:00. If your router has not automatically reconected please reboot it."

In fact, I did lose ADSL for about 15 minutes at that time, but thought everything had corrected itself. Perhaps there is a continuing knock-on effect? I can see that specific outages have since been reported in Holywell (wherever that is) Manchester and Milton Keynes.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i also lost DSL connection for a few minutes the other day.....just recently had a new line put in to cure that problem, thought it had returned :Angry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The server is hardly working, the load is miniscule, it should not be slow serving the pages, so its not obvious, and points to the problem being elsewhere, but if it continues and our server side is suspected I'll have to spend some money on a proper investigation :ouch:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I think there may be a general problem in the BT infrastructure network. I use IDNet and their RSS incident feed has been reporting a string of issues over the morning. As I could not see a fault specifically in my area, I ignored them at first, then looked back and found the following.

"Message: All BT ADSL circuits affecting all our customers and many other ISPs failed at around 8:45 this morning. The cause is unknown at present. Service resumed at about :00. If your router has not automatically reconnected please reboot it."

In fact, I did lose ADSL for about 15 minutes at that time, but thought everything had corrected itself. Perhaps there is a continuing knock-on effect? I can see that specific outages have since been reported in Holywell (wherever that is) Manchester and Milton Keynes.

Not slow here at the moment and I am only about 10 miles from Holywell, which is about 15 mile from Chester and 15 mile from Rhyl, so bang in the middle of the two.:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Its been intermittent here for a little while I just put it down to tinternet:RollEyes: and try again

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's all over the place. One minute lightning fast, next, half a screen loads and it dies.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Doubt it is the server. In case you don't know about this trick

You can put this in your httpd.conf file. (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf )

ExtendedStatus On
<Location /server-status>
SetHandler server-status
Allow from All
</Location>

Then go to
Broken Link Removed

Remember to remove this after diagnostics have been done. Also do not use server-status as the location pick something only you know.

this will give you inside info on what apache is doing and if it is the cause then it will tell you what url is causing it.

uptime and top don't tell the whole story.... Sometimes it can seem fine but a script is just pausing which doesn't add to processor loading.

Sorry if you already knew this and ignore me :winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I posted of this problem also yesterday. Today seems better so far at least I've not had to keep refreshing a page to get it to load properly. at times only part of a page would load. for instance in chat, none of the icons above the room list would appear despite reloading the page a few times. It eventually cleared. Banner always loaded quickly but rest of the page often said was loaded but a blank page, so a definate glitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back