browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
When I use the shower my water pump pulses, it's a pressure operated pump, it doesn't seem to do it if I only use the hot water tap, but if I try to mix the two then it starts to pulse.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi you may need an accumilator in line on the cold water supply . mine did start it earlier this year but it was ten years of chalky build up in the shower rose.
its quite common. you can just turn a tap on just a crack while you use the shower it allows the pump to work and not keep switching off . talk to cak tanks or someone like liesure supplies direct. google water accumilators .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The accumulator wont put too much pressure into my carver 2 water heater?
certainly not....how it works....

when the pump push's, water is forced against the diaphragm in the accumulator which in turn is forced against air pressure in the back of the vessel...as the water pump pressure diminishes the diaphragm moves back, being pushed by the air pressure, forcing water back out of the water chamber in the accumulator so it appears there is no 'push and relax' pulse at the pump.....when the pump isn't pushing water, the diaphragm is.

there is no difference in water pressure.....only the flow 'smoothness' is changed

OP
OP
B

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
certainly not....how it works....

when the pump push's, water is forced against the diaphragm in the accumulator which in turn is forced against air pressure in the back of the vessel...as the water pump pressure diminishes the diaphragm moves back, being pushed by the air pressure, forcing water back out of the water chamber in the accumulator so it appears there is no 'push and relax' pulse at the pump.....when the pump isn't pushing water, the diaphragm is.

there is no difference in water pressure.....only the flow 'smoothness' is changed

Thanks, for the sake of £20 I think i'll give it a go.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks, for the sake of £20 I think i'll give it a go.

they only work with diaphragm pumps...Fiamma aqua 8, sureflow etc...which it appears you have due to it pulsing. :thumb:

easy to fit but you may need a short length of new pipe to link the accu and pump unless you have a long-ish pipe run to cut into.

your pump should run around 13psi so adjust the air pressure chamber on the accumulator to around the same pressure....simple enough with a foot pump or (carefully) with an airline....via the inbuilt tyre valve.
it will need checking/re-inflating from time to time but not very often...maybe yearly.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .i find the 7litre a minute pump is ok today we fitted a 10ltr pump and it needs an accumilator . told my mate to get a 7 ltr but then cant he thought a ten would be better , his truck will learn one day. came in readop post small world aint it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back